11

Standing outside, I leant against the wall and looked toward Adele as she walked over to me; minus Maria and Louis.

"Where are they?" I asked, folding my arms.

"Louis took her over there to calm down." She answered, pointing over to the woodland area. "Where did Bruno go?"

"He went to go get some bits." I looked at the door and realised he had been quite some time. "He should be coming-"

The sound of cars pulling in front of the Cathedral, made me jump out of my skin and as I looked closer to the cars, Police had been written across the side of the cars. My heart dropped to the ground and I started to panic.

"Bruno!" I panicked, running inside and trying to find out where Bruno could be. My heart thudded as I heard all the car doors shut and I knew they were going to come into here. My eyes were frantic as I tried to locate Bruno, while I ran past each room; hoping he would always be there as I ran past.

"Hello?" The sound of an unknown man called out. "We know you are in here."

"Bruno please!" I cried out, still running but making sure I was quiet. As I turned the corner, I smacked into a body, but I was caught before I could fall to the ground. Opening my eyes, I looked up to see Bruno standing before me. "You have to hurry. The police are here."

"Shit." He swore, grabbing my hand and his bag, carefully taking me out of the beautiful but scary building. "You have to be so quiet."

"Hello?" A voice yelled out. "Show yourself."

Bruno pushed me to the wall, putting a finger to my lips and covered me with his body. Looking up to him, it made me feel so much better; knowing he was keeping me safe. The voices soon disappeared and we began to creep out of the building. Holding onto his hand tightly, we heard more shouting as we ran towards the others.

"I forgot my music sheets" Bruno panicked, turning around to go back in.

"No-" I shout, then realising I shouldn't be making myself known. Bruno had run off, back to get his piano sheets. Why was it worth it?

I mentally slapped him and went to run back after him, but Louis had already wrapped his arms around me and would not let me go after him. Adele and Maria had broken into one of the cars of the police, that did not have their logo on the side. Looking at them as they were in the car, tears filled my eyes as I prayed that Bruno would appear soon.

Minutes went by, but they seemed like a lifetime. I did not blink as I watched for any sign of movement and Louis still had hold of me. Adele and Maria waited in the car, as they watched out for any police that could come out. Their voices seemed to be getter closer and closer, which only panicked us more.

"Come on Bruno." Louis muttered. "We need to go now."

"I am not leaving without him." I snapped, trying to get out of Louis tightening grip.

"Amelia, we are going to be arrested if we don't leave now." Adele whisper shouted, looking to the officers who were slowly making their way round.

"Amelia come on." Louis picked me up and dragged me towards the car. Kicking and trying not to scream at him, I looked up and saw Bruno darting towards us.

"He is coming." I shouted with joy. He finally reached us and I grabbed onto him tightly as Louis let go of me.

"Why did you take so long?" I yelled, smacking his chest. "They could have got you." I burst into tears, falling into his chest.

He grabbed my face as gently as he could, but enough to make me stop being mad and look at him intently.

"I am here my darling." He smiled, about to lean in, but the sound of the police made us stop. "We need to get going."

"Amelia come on!" Adele shouted now, not caring whether she was being too loud - we had already been spotted.

Getting into the car, I was sandwiched in between Louis and Bruno. They both shut the door and Adele raced off.

Gunshots went off as we drove past the police, making Bruno push me into his chest for protection. Breathing heavily, I continued to listen to the bullets fire as I hugged into Bruno's chest.

"Whoo!" Louis screamed with happiness. "Well done Adele."

I slowly looked up to Bruno, knowing we were at last safe - for the time being. He looked down at me and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"We are together again." He whispered, wrapping an arm around me and bringing me as close as he could to his body.

Hugging into him, my eyes slowly closed and i was starting to feel exhausted. I was both physically and emotionally exhausted, feeling as though I had been hit by a bus. Taking in the smell of Bruno, I could feel my body getting warm and desperately wanting to sleep.

Being in peace for a moment, something I had not felt for a long time, my memories were flooding back to my time spent with Bruno. Both of us had never spoken of our feelings to one another, yet our bond was so strong, that it did not break or altar. I recognised the man, that had once made me feel so safe, he may of been wearing another uniform, but he certainly looked the same. His handsome features made me blush every time I saw them, or thought of them.

Things were going to change. I could feel it in my bones. I knew we were going to find Hans, with the help of our new companion. Then we all find a place to live, away from all the prejudice that was heading our way.

Things were looking up.