14

"You got it?" Louis questioned, watching Bruno and I coming over. I revealed the book from behind me and I smirked.

"Yes I did." Louis gave me a massive hug and we all ran to the car, getting away from the place.

Opening the car, we hopped in and looked over to the other two, who were anxiously awaiting for our arrival.

"She got it!" Bruno announced, making the girls cheer with happiness.

Opening the book, the names of the German soldiers had been written carefully on each page. It was in alphabetical order, with details of their age, name, date of birth and where they had been sent - alongside a number, a way to identify them.

"Where is Hans?" Maria rushed, crossing her fingers as I turned the page.

Looking down the book, I trailed my finger along each name and I stopped once I saw who we had been searching for. I trailed across finding his information and then, where Hans had been sent too.

"England" I burst out. "He has been sent to England."

"Oh thank god!" Maria cried out, tears streaming down her face.

"He is a place called Southampton." I gave out more, reading it carefully as I spoke. "So we need to get to Southampton?"

"So we have to go back through France, to get to England." Adele gasped. "We need to leave right away."

"What about Bruno?" I blurted out, making everyone stop and look to me. "He can't go back into France." I shakily said, feeling Bruno watch me carefully. "He risks being caught, I can't let that happen."

"We can't just not go!" Maria argued, getting mad at me. "I have just found out where Hans is for crying out loud!"

"Which I am glad for-" I stressed. "But I'm not risking Bruno being taken away from me again."

"Amelia-" Bruno began to say, but Maria interrupted him.

"Then he can stay here and we can go." Maria shrugged, which only made me more mad.

"I am not leaving him again!" I snapped, making everyone stop and go silent. While it only seemed to refuel Maria for another round.

"It's not all about you Amelia." She argued. "It is great you have found Bruno again, but I have my husband waiting for me and I need to find him. Which I need your help with."

"How can you make me choose between him and you." I hiccuped, not wanting to cry - but feeling the urge too.

"Amelia, I can stay here-" Bruno began but I shook my head; a tear rolled down my cheek as I looked from him to Maria.

"I have been patient." I cried. "I have allowed things to slip through my fingers and I won't let it happen again. You either find a way that Bruno can come with us, or I am staying him with him. I have helped. I have sacrificed a lot in order to help you. We have nearly been caught. I have faced things from my past, I never wanted to revisit - all because I am helping you. And you sit there and criticise me, for fighting for the one thing, I never want to let go again. How is it fair?"

No one spoke.

Silence filled the car as we all did not know what to say or where to look. My emotions had just blurted out of me. A lifetime of just holding it in, seemed to burst out in just one moment. I felt bad for making it about me, but at the same time, I had no regrets for wanting to be with Bruno. I had let him go before and I certainly wasn't going to allow him to get away from me.

"I can stay." Bruno began, which made me turn to him in horror.

"No way." I shook my head. "You are coming with us."

"You have will risk everything to be with me Amelia." He breathed out. "I don't want you to regret a moment. You have come so far and I don't want myself to stop you guys from getting where you need to be."

"I am not going anywhere without you." I cried, tears pouring down my face. "Don't leave me."

"Hey-" He smiled weakly. "I will always be there with you."

"Bruno I won't do it." I hiccuped, leaning my forehead to his.

"Yes you will." He demanded. "I will meet you in Southampton."

"How?" I blurted. "I will come with you."

"No, you just go with your friends." He began. "It will be quicker to go through France and then over to England."

"So how will you get there?" I asked, praying it would be a good idea.

"I have friends who can help me get across." He smiled. "I promise, I will meet you there."

"Please don't-" I shook my head. "I cannot bars the thought of not seeing you again."

"I promise Amelia." He cupped my cheek, his words gentle yet bold. "Then we will make a life in England. But for now, you guys need to get going, or it will be days before you arrive."

"Where should I drop you off?" Adele asked.

"I am fine here." He answered, opening the car door and allowing me to follow after him.

"Please come with me." I cried again, but he simply brought me into his chest and held me for a while.

"I promise you my love, I will see you in England." He smiled, leaning down and lifting my chin up to face him. "I'm in love with you Amelia and I always will be."

"I love you too." I stuttered, another tear rolling down my face. "I love you more than anything in this world."

"I will see you soon." He promised, looking down to me. "Be brave my darling and know I'll be with you soon."

He leant down slowly, pressing his lips against mine. His hand moved to my lower waist, while the other cupped my cheek. My hands were in his hair, tugging it slightly as we kissed.

He pulled away reluctantly, lust filled in his eyes. Leaning in, I pressed another peck to his lips.

"Now go." He smiled, leaning across and opening the car door for me. "Oh Amelia-" He said, making me turn around to face him once more. "As soon as we get to England, I will make you my wife."