4.

I sat down at my usual place in the great hall, next to Sirius who was looking at the timetable, an expression of pain on his face. I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration and grabbed a slice of toast and some jam. I peered over his shoulder to see why he looked like he was going to smash someone's head into a wall but he didn't let me see the timetable.

"Let me see, you big baby." I said as I tried to grab it from him, after minutes of physically hitting him repeatedly on the shoulder he let go and I finally saw why he was in pain.

My eyes widened. "Merlin, do they want to kill us?" I said loudly. "Ancient runes, arithmancy, herbology and then potions!"

Sirius poked his food with a fork, "I'm seriously contemplating stabbing myself in the eye with this fork." He grumbled

I took a bite of my toast and decided on replying in a Sirius like fashion, "Oh no. That'd be a shame since the only pretty thing about you is your eyes." I said, fluttering my eyelashes at him.

He looked up from his food and poorly stifled a laugh, "Are you flirting with me?"

I laughed, "No, I was trying to act like you."

He scoffed, "I don't flirt like that."

I raised my eyebrows at him, leaning my chin on my hand. "Oh, do you have any flirting tips you would like to share with me, oh great and mighty one?"

He gave me an arrogant smile as if he had been waiting all his life to tell someone this, "Of course I do! First of all, you shouldn't include an insult in the middle of a sentence. Secondly-"

I cut him off and laughed, "Sirius, I was kidding, I don't actually care."

He scowled, "That was incredibly rude."

I nudged him slightly hoping he knew that I was kidding and turned to face the door when I saw a flash of fiery red hair enter. I grinned and kicked James leg from under the table.

He winced and shot me a glare. "Ow! What was that for?"

I cringed slightly, "Sorry, but remember what I told you yesterday? About Lily?"

"The part where I should leave her alone" He said miserably.

I nodded excitedly, "Exactly! She's going to be sitting down any minute now and you have to ignore her." I said wisely.

His eyebrows shot up. "What? You said that I should leave her alone, not ignore her." He looked like he was about to cry.

I leaned forward and whispered, "Yeah, change of plan. Leave her alone and ignore her."

"Why would I do that?"

"Trust me, it'll work."

"I don't trust you that much Josie"

I stood up and grabbed my bag, "Well, you had better learn to. See you, James."

I decided that I wouldn't be going to Ancient rones today because I didn't really have any interest in it and for some reason I felt the need to take a break and just get away from it all, it wasn't because I didn't like my friends or anything, I did. A lot but I just felt like I needed some time to do nothing and to just think.

I went up the stairs and slipped into the corridor that took me to the clock tower, as usual it was abandoned. This was my favourite spot because you could see everyone, but since nobody would ever look up, no one would see you. My eyes glazed over the students who were outside, there I spotted the ghost of Helena Ravenclaw who was currently being tormented by Slytherins.

My eyes narrowed at them, I took my wand out and muttered, "Tarentellagra." The dancing feet spell.

The Slytherins who just happened to be Mulciber and Avery suddenly started to dance uncontrollably, they looked at each other yelling to make it stop. The students around them began to notice their odd actions and started to laugh and whistle, some even calling their friends to come and watch.

I stifled a laugh as I watched their legs moving at erratic speeds. "Serves them right." I said proudly.