39.

I squeezed the excess water from my hair with the towel with an annoyed look on my face. I hadn't been able to take a relaxing shower due to the loud roaring of laughter and noise coming from the living room. When I entered the living room the sight that lay in front of me was shocking to say the least. It was my parents, Frank, Sirius and James sitting together eating breakfast while laughing and looking like more like a family than our actual family. I approached them with my arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

"What is going on here?" I said, taking a seat next to Frank.

He passed me a plate of waffles, "Nothing, we were just talking - Sirius was telling us this story about how you once tripped and then made another girl trip who also tripped another girl - he said it was what? Oh yeah, like the domino effect or something." He said and laughed, chewing on a piece of his bread obnoxiously.

I picked up a blue berry and threw it at Sirius, "You can't keep your damn mouth shut can you, Black?" I said, shaking my head at him in disappointment.

He dodged the blueberry with ease, "Your mum asked me about the funniest thing you did in school this year and I told her, I'm being honest that's all." He said, an innocent look on his face.

I shook my head, "That's where you're wrong mister! That was not the funniest thing I did this year, the funniest thing was when Professor McGonagall asked me how I was and I accidentally told her that I loved her." I said, buttering my toast proudly.

James snorted and almost spilled his pumpkin juice everywhere, "That was quite hilarious actually. That's it, you win, Josie." He said, grinning.

I grinned arrogantly at Sirius who had an amused smile on his face, "I don't mean to sound rude or anything but what the hell are you two doing here? So early in the morning too!" I said, taking a bite out of my toast. "

My mother was the one who replied, "I invited them over, of course. Technically, I invited James but then he told me that Sirius is now staying with them so I told him to just bring him as well. You know what they say the more the merrier!" My mum said happily.

I turned to look at Sirius with a huge smile on my face, "You're staying with James? for how long?" I said, incredibly relieved for him.

James put his arm around Sirius's shoulder, "Forever! He's staying with me forever." He turned to Sirius, "If you thought you could escape, you were wrong." he nodded, looking serious.

Sirius chuckled and I was glad that he seemed to be in a better mood since he left Grimmauld Place, he seemed to look better as well. His face regained the colour he lost, his eyes had that same mischievous glint and he was almost always with a smile. It was reassuring.

"Actually, I'm staying with James until I find my own place. I don't know how long that will take but hey, life's an adventure." he said taking a bite out of his food.

My father clapped Sirius on the back proudly, "A man who knows how to live,'" he said, fondly. "He's the son I need, not this one." My dad gestured to Frank who was lazily putting a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

Frank scoffed, directing all our attention towards him. "What? Really, dad? I take extreme offence to that. Do you know how much I bloody do? I bring honour to this family! He's a boy, I'm a man." Frank said, clapping his biceps to emphasise his masculinity.