12.

It was early in the morning way before school hours; the birds were chirping, the sun was slowly starting to peak out and luckily for me the marauders were fast asleep. I snuck up the boys staircase and slowly crept into their room, shutting the door as quietly as I could and looked for James's bed. My eyes scanned the room and easily found the boy with messed up hair. I grinned and moved towards the trunk of his bed, slowly opening it and grabbing what I needed.

The invisibility cloak.

I slowly shut the trunk and like a mouse I quickly got out of there. I wrapped the thin material around myself and exited the common room making my way to the library. The hallways were deserted and I was sure that the only ones that were awake were the ghosts and probably- Argus Filch the caretaker with his annoying devil cat.

'Alohamora," I muttered when I reached the locked library door. For once in my life, the odds were in my favor because it suddenly unlocked. I let out a sigh of relief, thankfully Madam Pince wasn't smart enough to put a charm on the library to keep students out. I moved towards the restricted section, the section that you were only allowed to enter if you had a note from a professor.

My eyes scanned the shelves, I saw books I had never knew existed before and many books about the forbidden dark arts. My eyes landed on the book I needed to find the most. The book about werewolves, I opened it slightly to see if it would start screaming at my face but fortunately for me - it stayed quiet. But before I had a chance to read it, the light flickered on and Madam Pince walked in. My eyes widened and I quickly took the book and hid it under the cloak.

"Who's in here?!" Madam Pince screeched. She then proceeded to walk around the library trying to see who it was that cast a spell on the lock. She was about to cross into the restricted section but thank Godric, she chose not to.

"Stupid kids.." Madam Pince mumbled to herself.

I took the chance to point my wand at my feet and mutter the silencing spell so when I left, she wouldn't hear me. Madam Pince sighed frustratedly at the pile of work on her desk and got up, making herself a drink. I took this chance to leave before she noticed one of the books were missing.

I had never run so fast in my life.

"You know the funniest thing happened when I woke up today." James voice said as he sat down next to me in the great hall, I put a piece of toast in my mouth and nodded.

I swallowed, "I don't want to know."

He rested his hand on his cheek and laughed sarcastically, "No, no you'll laugh. I woke up and guess what I didn't find? My cloak. Isn't that hilarious?"

Oh no, I still had the cloak in my bag.

I laughed awkwardly, "Wow, isn't that just the strangest thing?" He knew.

He narrowed his eyes at me and gave me a mistrustful look. "What did you do?"

I scoffed, shooting him one of my innocent looks. "Excuse me? I am offended James Potter! You assume that if something goes missing it must have to do with me? That is incredibly rude." I said, getting up to leave before he gently grabbed my arm and sat me down.

"Josie don't play dumb. I know it was you- you're the only one who would bother to wake up that early. Now what did you do?" He shot me an amused look.