11.

"Josie! Josie! Is it true?" A loud voice said, thankfully it was a girl's voice.

I peaked my head out of the sheets, trying to see who it was. After the little incident I had today I decided to do what I did best. Run to the common room as quickly as I could, then take a long nap and try to avoid any/all of my responsibilities.

"What's going on?" I mumbled, trying to clear my vision. It was Marlene McKinnon.

She laughed, "It's four in the afternoon - wake up sleepy head."

I yawned, "What is true?"

She bit her lip, "Well, I heard a couple of girls talking about it in lunch today but I know that they're the biggest gossipers so I thought I'd come to you instead- I hope you don't think I'm prying or anything but I guess it's better to actually speak to someone who was there instead of just assuming, y'know?" Marlene rambled.

It was too early for my brain to process anything she was saying so I just said, "Marlene- what are you talking about?!"

She scratched her head, "I- um I meant the fight."

I sighed, of course the whole school had heard about that. "I fought with Remus. The end."

She tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear, "Yeah, I heard. But I was talking about the fight that happened between Remus and Sirius. The one about you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, confusion evident on my face.

"Oh? You weren't there? That's weird. Basically, Sirius was really angry at Remus and they were shouting their heads off to the point where McGonnagall interfered! Then when McGonnagall found them they were pointing their wands at each other."

"How do you know they were fighting over me?"

"Because Sirius was yelling, "If you ever say anything like that to Josie again I'll turn you into a blind toad" I personally loved the blind toad bit but I just don't understand how Remus could ever act that way."

I felt kind of happy knowing that Sirius did stick up for me but I was deeply surprised knowing that they had fought. This day was ultimately and surely getting worse.

"Yeah, me too." I responded bleakly.

Marlene chatted with me for a bit before I decided that there was no point sitting in my room and that I had to get up, get out and have a conversation with Remus Lupin.

As I walked down the stairs of the girl's dorms onto the common room I could see four backs facing me who were all talking to McGonnagall. Well, more like being shouted at by McGonnagall.

"I expected this behavior from Black or Potter! but certainly not from you Remus, I feel ashamed."

"I'm ashamed of myself, Professor." He said remorseful.

She then saw me and narrowed her eyes, "What are you doing here Miss. Longbottom?"

I tugged my collar nervously, "I'm here to speak with them actually."

She studied me for a moment, "Maybe you can knock some sense into them, though I highly doubt it." She then turned to the boys, "If any of you repeat an action like this again you can bid Hogwarts goodbye." She said strictly then turned around and proceeded to leave the Gryffindor common room.

Sirius let out a breath of relief, "Thank Godric that's over, I thought she was going to bite my head off."

"She was so cross, I'm sure she could've." Peter said.

Remus then turned to me with regret in his eyes, "Josie, I'm sorry. I truly, truly am. I didn't mean it when I said you were immature I was just so angry because of the full moon - please believe me - I'm so sorry." He looked like he was about to cry which made my heart pang, his usual combed hair was messy and his clothes were wrinkled and crumpled up, I assumed it had something to do with the fight because Sirius looked the same.

I sighed, "Okay, okay. Fine, I accept your apology for now because of the full moon thing but once it's over I will get revenge."

He nodded, "I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

I laughed and then punched him in his arm, really hard. I then realized a moment later when pain shot up my arm that I had punched him with the same hand that was bruised and swollen, we both winced and I clutched my hand as he clutched his arm.

"Merlin's left toe, that hurts. You know what, just fix my hand and I'll forgive you." I said, in pain.

He pointed his wand at my hand, "Episkey." I felt a strange warmth travel down my arm and onto my hand and fingers, then it was replaced by a rush of cold and then I felt perfectly fine.

"Your turn," I muttered and he shut his eyes bracing himself. "Episkey!"

A moment later he opened his eyes and grabbed his arm, "Thanks." he panted.

"Forget what I said about forgiving you, I'm still pissed."

He groaned, "Josiep please I'm really really really sorry, how many times do I have to apologize to you so you know I'm being genuine?"

"How about ten million times?" I said with a poker face.

"Winnie, you are one of the only people I trust and care about in this world. Please, forgive me - I don't want to lose you too." He sounded really genuine when he said that.

I suddenly burst into laughter, "That was so dramatic, Moony."

A smile suddenly filled his face, "Wait- so we're okay?"

I nodded, laughing. "We're okay. But I heard a little fight happened between you and Sirius."

I turned around to find Sirius laughing with James and Peter on the couch, I approached Sirius and raised my eyebrow. "What happened between you and Moony?"

He shrugged, "Not much- we fought and got busted by Minnie and then now we're fine."

"Thats it?" I asked shocked, surprised he didn't mention what the fight was about.

"Yeah?" He said with a suspicious look on his face. "Why?"

He didn't mention the fact that they were fighting about me so I just smiled innocently and let it go. Even if he wasn't going to admit it I was still happy that he cared. Sirius and I weren't as close as James and I and I always felt like there was some sort of competition between us because we were the two closest people to James but over the years the competition between us started to die down.

"No reason."