strange encounter.

I'm so grateful you decided to read my story.

Warning:the book contain itsy-bitsy explicit scenes on drugs and sex themes.

It is advisable for those who don't mind dark fiction!

In case of errors and typos,please forgive me !

Comment where necessary,vote, and you can also share it or one of it's scene.

Epilogue

Meet Esther keipa

She had just left high school and was on the eve of her college years. She was romantically naive. She's a tarantella dancer.

Meet Oscar

He had paid a visit to his Granny's place only to win a girl's heart.

Meet Joe

A natural gambler.

Meet Anna

A high school dropout who had just left rehab. She is....
Well let's say a whore...

With this brief familiarity I welcome you to the beginning of my first chapter.

OSCAR's POV

Craton river hissed loudly as it went down the Haida valley. Its massive water made a sound like that of a trumpet as it snaked between huge trees and rocks.
On a sunny day, the river could be seen flowing noisily even from a far distance taking a picture of long strands of mirrors interconnected together between trees. This was due to its crystal clear water. Down the cascades, its water would fall making beautiful sceneries that provided sites of interest for those with the love of adventure. Further away, it branched into streams which sooner reassembled again into an even bigger stream that emptied its contents into lake Veblen located in a game park by the name Tsavo park. Craton river had different names at its different parts according to the people of a specific locality.

I was standing on part of the river bank which had short flowery vegetations growing from the position I was standing.
I could see that the water was sapphire, reflecting the sky.

The air was sassy.

I gazed deep inside the river and saw some fish swimming lively. There were also some crabs and oysters.

Generally, the river must have been in support of vast flora and fauna by creation of a favourable ecosystem where many species could dwell and thrive.

Taking a basket and nets that I had placed on a nearby ground,I carried them up the hilly terrain towards my grandma's house.
It was a large,brown building and was surrounded by a thick growth of bungenvillea fence trimmed almost perfectly.

On the compound were well maintained flower beds.

On the beds were ceramics from where beautiful, mostly wandering and flowering species of plants were growing. There was also an old rusty jeep beside my small car at the parking and the chimney evoked traces of smoke like a cancer stick.

"What took you so long boy?"I saw my grandma's concerned face asking when I entered in. She was seated at the bonfire knitting something placidly.

"The fish sensed danger today but I caught a few" I explained handing her the basket I was holding and she wore a smile. I saw the wrinkled conner of her eyes. She was always my benevolent, optimistic,wise and my favorite granny. She was the mother of my mom and they had so many things in common. For instance, her small eyes and a tiny nose looked exactly like my mom's. She was also strong and stoic.
It was rare to see her getting emotional.
The only time when I saw her crying was the time my grandpa died at an old age without showing any signs of ailment. He just slept and literary did not wake up the next morning. My granny's face had turned yellow like a withering cabbage's leaf and she was crying relentlessly during the funeral until she was taken away by her daughter's including my mom and aunts.

"Go buy groceries" my grandma said to me handing out a note. I knew what sort of things I needed to buy having done it severally.

*****

It was around seven pm and I was trotting from the market on the bitumen road listening to music. There were no street lights and my phone's flash was dysfunctional so I strained my eyes through the dark.

Suddenly,I bumped into somebody and this involuntarily evoked a feeling of fear in me.
Loosing balance,I staggered and finally fell down.
My groceries littered the ground. I removed the earphones from my ears and I was getting up feeling frightened and looking up,I saw a beam of bright light, possibly from a torch,directed to my visage and my eyes got irritated.
I put my hand between my eyes and the light to reduce irritation.

I could feel my heart beating my chest heavily. I was beginning to sense danger!

I had heard stories of current increasing robbery sometimes with violence none of which I had come across.

"Today I've fallen in their hands." I thought.

If the person was alone or with others, I couldn't tell.

I knew I had nothing they could rob me except the groceries if they would need them.
This didn't mean any better.
It would be better if they found something they would take or they could harm me.
They could beat me up, stab me dead with a piece of steel or iron or even sodomize me.

I had enough information from granny.

"They're mistaken, nobody play games with me."I assured myself.

"I'll apply my self defense tactics, " I affirmatively thought.

I knew how dangerous I was having won a black belt at the Senior category in Sesame karate school.

Standing on my feet , I pressed my fingers upon my palms and I was ready to fight.

The person, by surprise , threw the source of light on the ground before me and I heard him or her run past me in a terrific speed.

Reacting quickly,I took the torch and illuminating at the direction the person was running saw a silhouette of a girl wearing a black hood with an inscribed white print on it which read.

Dare me to do.

At a closer scrutiny there was a small hole below the words, a hole as if caused by a spark through which a white fabric could be seen.

She disappeared at a conner down the broadway.
I was absolutely bewildered by the scene. A thin sweat had already formed on my forehead.

*"""*

Putting my groceries back to the carrier bag,I went home trying to figure out what that was really suppose to mean.

It was clearly odd and curious that she had to run away.

Author

** A picture of Craton river in Haida valley at the top of this page.

Thanks, keep reading and don't forget to hit the like button !