courage

OSCAR"s POV

We were roasting a piece of meat Esther had given to me at the fireplace with Joe .
Granny and an elderly woman were chatting in the living room about things I was not concentrating on.
I placed the roasted meat on the chopping board and cutting it into two parts handed one piece to Joe. He begun pounding on the meat and stopped only when it was half eaten to drink some water.

He then looked at me and suddenly smirked .

"What ?" I asked him confused.

He then fished from his pocket a huge amount of money tied in a rubber braid.

I opened my eyes wide open in disbelief.
"Where did you get all that from?"I asked him.
"From the casino cuz,"he simply stated.
I could not believe him but I tried to,I mean the papers were too much.

"What are you going to do with it?"I enquired.

He narrowed his eyes in the fire and poked it with a bamboo stick.

After sometime,his face turned excited and then he said,"didn't you hear granny telling Mrs Veronica that on Saturday they'll be attending a seminar at the church parish?"

Mrs Veronica, certainly the elderly woman.
"What is that suppose to mean?"I dug deeper.
He said something any other teen could have said,"We're going to have a party here."

"Oh yes...a party of course,"I groaned agreeing to his seemingly appealing idea.

We bumped our knuckles in agreement.
We used the night to discuss about the stuffs we needed for the party,the people to invite and I decided to invite Esther the following day face to face!

I just wanted to see her, I did not want to text her. I didn't know why I felt euphoria and also nervous at the thought of it. Maybe because I would have to meet her parents too.
However, it takes more courage to fall in love with someone than it takes to start a war.

We created what's app group,a platform to discuss about the party.

******
I pressed the white button and Esther opened the door. She looked confused just as I had expected.

"You didn't tell me you are coming,"she whispered looking nervous.

My phone is spoiled. I lied.

"Mmmh, come in,"she welcomed me.

As soon as i stepped in, she gave me a tight hug and I felt her full and heavy breasts. She took me by hand and lead me in.

Her house was large and lavishly furnished. On the white washed walls hanged pictures of great workmanship.

On the floor was a verdant,woolen carpet .

I saw a tall man coming from upstairs. He had dark beards but his head was full of grey hair.
Esther stepped forward and said,"hey dad,this is Oscar,my friend."
His father showed a certain expression on his face that was hard to read. However, my intuition told me that he was a philanthropist.

He gave me his hand and there was a handshake.

"He must be Mwangi's son ,they look alike,"he stated with friendly tone putting on a  grin and I saw his irregular lined teeth.

"Um..yes I'm visiting my grandma,"I said.
"I'll leave you guys for a talk....uh...I'll be preparing lunch,"Esther said and her father nodded in assurance.
She tiptoed up the spiral staircase.

"Do you know your father and me underwent the same initiation ceremony?"He informed.
"Oh... really?"I was beginning to feel comfortable around him.
We talked for a while before going to his garden and to the poultry and I helped him collect some eggs.
His farm contained orchards,horses and all sorts of vegetables.
When we were walking back to the house, he happened to say something that made my blood to boil;