puzzle solved.

ESTHER KEIPA's POV

I never saw my love again in what felt like decades. He had  vanished.
completely out of sight.
He had given me enough punishment by just not showing himself around. I felt deprived of him. I felt humiliated and abused. I would take anything else as a punishment but I couldn't master the art of staying without him. I called his phone daily but he did not pick, sometimes he rejected my calls. Occasionally,I saw Emily in the neighborhood but when she saw me,she got irritated and walked away with a pissed look. I thought she would go and vomit for the fact that I was less equal to Lucifer himself before her eyes.

I felt like I wanted to die having slept with her boyfriend and I wanted to apologise and tell her that I never saw that coming but she would not even look at at me for seconds let alone listening to me .

The holiday was drawing to close and I received admission letter from
Clover university inviting me to take a course in electrical engineering.

"Clover university, "you got to be kidding me. I was surprised in astonishment.

"What is this life trying to tell me ?"I wondered.

To be in the same campus with Oscar as my Ex is like jumping  from a frying pan only  to drop in the fire
The course was always my dream ever since I was a kid and it was a dream come true.
What made me nervous is that at Clover is where Oscar was studying and in one way or another, we would meet for sure. What annoyed me most is the fact that I could not remember how it all happened that I cheated on him.
I mean, where was him when Joe took me to bed when I had passed out?
Where was Emily?he was her boyfriend and supposedly could not just let that sick brat to do the evil deed.
I was not ready to see Oscar with another girl making out. I would rather dismiss the admission.
Me becoming his Ex stuff was sucking. I could not stand it.

The whole thing felt like my worst nightmare. It was one thing to be happy about that I got accepted at a prestigious university to make my dreams come true but I was also too sad, sad that I has broke my lover's heart.
But I was unconscious. He would probably believe me when I explain, right? And when would he ever listen to me?
He knew I couldn't cheat on him, I hate it that I did.
Did he see the blood stains on the sheets? But what difference would it make if he didn't ?
Did I even broke his heart? But what did I do if not the same thing that I'm doubtful about.

I went to the balcony and sat on a fold chair and I was lost deeply in thoughts.

I recalled what joy I had when I was getting ready for the party. Just after spending the day with him and it was all well. I remembered the good memories we had together. I had stepped in my country boots and applied my make-up on including a black eyeliner,mascara and I smeared a red lipstick on my bottom lip and a maroon one on the upper lip.
I was ready and I opened my front door ready to leave. A cold breeze brew in my face. I thought I would need a jacket and going back to my room happened to see a black hood on the couch in the living room on my way.

I recalled my cousin Ann placing it there the day before as she had paid me a visit. She lived at a throw stone distance from our house and would visit us more often.
She had obviously forgotten to carry it when she left. I remembered how she had left in a hurry soon after we had a brunch.

"I'm coming honey, just five minutes," she'd said on her phone and then she had to bid me farewell as she stumbled away typing away from her pink phone. Her thick heels produced a pop sound as they tapped on the tiled floor. The sound became fainter and fainter as she went further away until it was faded.

I had a thought that the hood would match with the black dress I had wore and trying it,I saw that I was looking gorgeous in front of the mirror.
Closing the door,I went to the party and I was ready to loose my virginity with Oscar!

I was jolted from my trance by a pandemonium at a distance not far from my house. I went downstairs quickly and as I drew near the scene,I found
Emily crying. She was seated on a bench in their homestead. I could hear the noise in their  house.

When she saw me,she suddenly asked me,"Whose hood were you wearing at the party ?"among sobs.
"My cousin's....why?"I answered confused.

"Your cousin is having an affair with my Dad and that," pointing her index finger to their house, "is mom and dad bickering over the issue after she caught him on the act with Ann. I saw her sneaking to the house from a window in my room and I had to call mom. She was to her friend's funeral who had finally succumbed to cancer."

I went to seat near her giving her a shoulder to lean on as I caressed her back.
I hugged her tightly.

She deserved nothing close to this.
She would never hurt a fly.

"I'm sorry Emma," I whispered in her ear.

"I'm sorry about what happened at the party too. Honestly I ..."I whimpered after sometime but she cut me through.

" There's no need to apologize," she snapped.

Emily told me how she had seen a girl leave their house wearing a hood,her torch in Joe's home and Oscar seeing me with it.
She told me that me cheating was all of Oscar's plan of abandoning me having thought that I was having a secret affair with her dad.

He was the same guy with a tear drop tattoo?  It was all fake. The black hair. Maybe it was a wig. Wow  I thought

Ann, Ann,Ann, it was not a surprise.
Just another day she was released from rehab that was to help her deal with her recreational drugs addiction. She was giving her parents a hard time. She lived miserably. Her parents tried in every way to invest in her but she did not even care!She had dropped out of highschool after an arrest over drugs trafficking and now she was having an affair with a Emma's dad. Did she even care about the outcome? Of course no. She ain't the one to give a hoot.I had heard several people saying that she was immoral. One, for instance, had said that she had seen her severaly on the streets of Mola town late at night with a short skirt, too much makeups and sometimes with a cigar in her hand smiling at the cars that would pull over at the edge of Uthuri highway. She would then smile at the driver who already would have brought down the automatic mirror with a whir.
"Would you like a lift young girl," the man would say as he put on one of the most fake smiles ever. Ann would look at the man in the car and would see that he was balding and he was at the age of her father but would kick that away. For money mattered to this extent according to her . Well schooled, she would say, "I would not mind"
With that, she would get tucked in the car and would be taken to lord knows where, but as any fool  could see, it would not be just a typical lift at all.

It turned out that I had not believed any of this until Esther told me about what had just occurred.

All this time, Emma had found peace in my embrace and her cheeks were not in tears anymore. 

I felt pity towards Ann,my aunt's only daughter,and her aging parents.

"I'm sorry Emma...I'm sorry" I said putting a stray hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry too." She pouted.

🤭

AUTHOR: IDK why this part took me a while to write but I hope its worth it

Don't forget to push the like button.