-Chapter Five-

The training room is just like how Mom described it. A big gray room filled with different stations including knife throwing, knot tying, hand to hand combat, archery, sword training, spear throwing, and survival. They also had a camouflage course, but no one is there.

    I spot Onix at archery, nailing a bullseye every time. A girl with pale blonde hair and blue eyes is talking to her and making casual conversation. I decide to go to the knife-throwing station, just because I know what I'm doing in that department.

"Hello, I'm Trainer Marcus, and I am Head of Training for the Crown's Game." In the center of the room, stood a tall man with crisp red hair. He summoned us all to stand in front of him, so he can explain the rules of the Training room. "Welcome to the Training room, where you will be training for the next four days. While in this space, you may not harm another selected, or your trainers."

    I sweep my eyes across the room. It looks as there are already some alliances. Hanna and Halo, obviously. And Billi Hangings and Katerina Dublins, I think.

    "There are, however, personal trainers, who may select some of you due to your skills in combat. If you break a rule, your personal trainer can and will extract days of training."

He pauses, looking at Rexha's empty space. "Thank you."

    We fan out to the different stations, I'm heading to knife throwing, where the trainer introduces himself as Trainer Octavius. He hands me a handful of knives, all in different shapes.  "Stand right here, please."
    I place my feet on the mark, standing ready for the first target to light up. When it happens, and I throw three knives, all landing on separate fatal points of the target. I turn my head to see the trainer, who nods in approval.

    I continue on, mostly hitting the bullseye, getting more bored by the second.

    "Wow, you're good." I heard a voice behind me, and a soft grunt that followed.

    I turn, seeing Billi Hangings, the same girl who had the knife under her boot, and Katerina Dublins, playing harmlessly with a trident, and a spear in the other hand. She towers over Billi and me, 6 feet or so, with red hair, soft green eyes that glinted mischievously and muscles that bulged out of her tight suit. She's good.

    "Don't you think so, Kat?"

    She nods but doesn't speak.

"How did you two meet?" Katerina quickly explains that she and Billi were in the same room on the train ride here, and they bonded over being abused by their parents and living in the harsh conditions of living in the poorest areas of their provinces. Billi is a Four, and Katerina a Nine. I'm not sure Billi could live in a harsh condition, being a Four, but it's none of my business.

"Katerina, what do you do? As in weapons?" I ask, throwing another knife.

"Tridents. Maybe spears." She says nothing more.

They leave, trying to persuade Onix to talk to me, but she simply won't budge. In the corner of the room, a small girl, who looked about 13 years old is trying to throw spears. She must be the replacement for Rexha.

"Thank you." I hand the knives into the hands of the Trainer, and he nods.

"You are extremely talented. Don't let anyone steal your crate."

Crates. Of course. Crates lie in the middle of the arena, and each crate has a name on it, with possessions that they say isn't related to your rank, but we all know it is. Most people dash for the crate nearest to them, and grab the leather strap and swing it over their shoulders. If you're an Elite, your crate could contain full water bottles and heat-resistant sleeping bags.