-Chapter Eleven-

My breathing becomes heavy, and I root my feet into the ground. The sun is gleaming, but the wind is cold. Very cold.

I look both ways, sizing up the girls next to me. Not Halo or Hanna, so that's a good start.

I scan the circle for Onix, Billi, and Katerina. Katerina stands out with her red hair, and so does Billi, with her hair almost snow white. I can't find Onix.

Once all the hovercrafts leave, the countdown begins, just 10 seconds before the bloodbath. I have to make it out alive. Alive or nothing. I shake my hands out again and touch the necklace.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

The cannon sounds, and I sprint to the middle, looking for a crate 10 yards away from me. I crash into the center, grasping onto a black bag. I quickly scan the name. Maia Lennons. Nope, definitely not me. I grab the one next to me, that reads my name. Yes!I sling the bag over my shoulder, and I run farther into the center. I stumble upon a black box, and without hesitation, I open it.

Jackpot!

About a dozen throwing knives lie inside, as well as a full tank of water, a buildable spear, and dried fruit. I quickly unzip my bag, stuffing everything into it, untiI feel the pressure of someone landing on me, and I squirm. Who is it? Who is trying to kill me? Is a dead person on top of me? I open my eyes from the squint, and I can make out the blonde figure that lies on top of me, because it is Laura Batel.

"First kill." She smirks, raising the shining black blade. I close my eyes for the pain to follow, only to hear gunshots from above, and the high pitched screams. "Laura get the hell off of her! She's my kill!" Halo screams. Laura gets off, running away from the popping bullets.

I stand up quickly, ducking as much as possible. My foot hits a stone, and I trip over it, getting a face full of dirt. I look up, spotting a black bag. Another crate! I stumble upwards, grabbing it.

"Aspen!" I hear a scream, and I turn to see Billi and Katerina standing their ground. I rush towards them. "Are you good?"

"Yea." I huff, out of breath. "Where's Onix?"

Katerina points north with her spear, and I can see the girl fighting Sydni Glass with an axe. I nod and rush towards her.

"Get the hell off of her!" I scream, spit flying everywhere. Sydni stumbles back, and I pull out one of my knives. I take a swing at her, cutting her arm into a big wound. She shrieks, clutching the open wound. "Laura!"

Dang it! "We need to get out of here, right now." I grab Onix's arm and pull her quickly to Billi.

"Are you hurt?" Billi says.

"No. She couldn't even touch me." Onix shakes and sits down. I try to pull her up, but it's no use. She turns her head, and her eyes widen. I can see that a black bow with a quiver full of arrows lies not that far away. The issue is that Halo and Hanna stay guarding that area.

"Onix no!"

She stands up and bolts, crashing straight through them. She grabs the bow and quiver, snatching a medical box and another crate with her. Halo glares at her, but instead of running at her, she turns and climbs the giant treehouse, which has the best weapons and the most points. Hanna follows.

"We need to leave, now," I say sharply. I run into the woods, Katerina and Billi following. Onix limps behind them slowly.

I keep running until I reach a clearing with four giant trees surrounding it, clustered in with many bushes and smaller trees. Billi sighs, and Katerina grunts. Onix sits down on the open log, panting. "This will be a good camp."