-Chapter Fifteen-

Dead. The two girls are dead. Hanna was killed by Halo, and Halo suffered from the smoke. No, it can't be. The arena disappeared, it wasn't just smoke, it was radiation. These games are hosted in a preserved part of Switzerland, after Thecia bombed them. It is a barren land, filled with radiation.

What if Billi was right?

Nevermind, if it says they're dead, they're dead. The King will not let anyone slip through. And if they are dead, then we are the most powerful in the arena. We hold the power card.

Onix stands up, a wide smile on her face. "WOOOOO!"

Billi chuckles, and pumps her fist up into the air. "Victory!" With that comment, Katerina stands up and smacks Billi square in the face. "Billi! Focus! We are in a death arena, slowly dying!"

"Chill, Kat. The two power hungry maniacs are dead." Billi pushes her back, and Katerina rolls her eyes.

"I'm heading to bed, guys." I say quietly. Billi raises and eyebrow.

"Why don't you celebrate with us?"

"I'm good." I snatch a grass mat and head up a tree. "Make sure to stomp out the fire out when you're done."

+++

After a few hours of sleep, my eyes flutter open, staring at the green leaves. I can't get the idea of breaking the alliance out of my head. If I did break it off, I would become the first target to them. All my supplies would be cut off, and i'd probably die in a matter of days.

Once Katerina and Billi die, I'll leave. I can't be paired up with Onix, together, we are unstoppable. I'd have to kill her once we are the final two. Better to let someone else finish her off.

I turn my head, adjusting myself. Through the leaves, a glint of gold shines. I recognize it as a cross necklace. I blink a few times. Someone is watching me.

I slowly climb down the tree, trying not to disturb Onix and Billi, who are sound asleep near the fire. Katerina stands as guard, staring into the fire as to be in deep thought.

I go to the backside of the tree, where this player is hiding. As I circle, I can see her, dressed in black and a green jacket.

I squint, making out the branch that she balances on. She must be light if that branch can hold her. She's not that far up in the tree, so the fall wouldn't break her neck. I lift my knife and throw it to the branch silently.

The blade goes cleanly through the branch, since I threw it with much force, and it comes tumbling down, cracking along the way.

The girl doesn't have time to scream, because she's already hit the floor. She's in shock, squirming and looking around frantically. I grab her leg forcefully and drag her into the clearing.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I sneer, pulling her up.

"It wasn't what you-"

I throw her onto the ground, and walk towards her. I grab her necklace about to yank the chain, but then she lurches forward. "And this?" I whisper.

"P-p-please, anything else" she stuttered "Kill me instead. Anything but the necklace." She begs. "It's my families last hope."

"Who are you?" I growl.

"Isabella Daimon. Replacement for Lena Mayers." She says, shaking with fear. I look back at the necklace.

"You're Catholic?"

She nods slowly, the first tear slipping down her cheek. I felt bad for her but then I though of Kato, and our future. So with a quick flick of my wrist, my knife went through her head.

Her portait is shown in the sky, and I smirk. I look back at the necklace, the golden cross gleaming in the light. This necklace could've caused many issues if i'd let her live.

If she would've gone to the end of the games, which is very unlikly, she would've been killed for wearing this. Why you may ask? Because religon is banned in Thecia, and I stand with my country. Religion caused outbreaks in America, and we are nothing liked the troubled country.

With my foot, I make a shallow hole in the dirt, and I drop the necklace in there. Then I take Isabella's body, dragging it on the hard ground outside of the clearing for collecting.

I rub my eyes, slowly drifting into sleep. I slowly walk over to the fire, which still burns brightly. The others are knocked out, food in hand. I kneel down and rumble through my bag, searching for my water flask. I grip my hands on it, and head back to the fire, dimming it. I stamp out the smaller flames, and cover it with leaves.

I grab a grass mat, and settle down next to them. Who knows? They could be dead in the next few hours.