Baby Shower

“See anything yet, Willow?" Poppy asked as they waited outside her pod.

“I need my glasses," she replied, putting two glasses of water on her face. Once the water drained out, she could see better. “Hmm... It's the mail bug! Your stuff is coming!"

“Great!" Poppy said, feeling excited. The mailman dropped off a few packages and some letters, and drove off. “Make sure we have everything for the baby shower tomorrow."

“Sure thing, boss!" Willow replied, and looked through the boxes. “Decorations, check. Party favors, check. Build-your-own-piñata kit, check. Since it's for a baby shower, I'll fill it with baby shrimp."

Poppy playfully rolled her eyes and read the mail. One letter, however, made her nervous.

Dearest Poppy,

I hope you're doing well. I'm happy to let you know that I've made arrangements for you to come visit me. I really miss you, and you would never turn down this offer.

May the universe continue to bless you,

Creek ❌⭕❌⭕

“Oh, fudge," she muttered.

Willow blinked. “Is that a no on the shrimp?"

“No, Creek wants me to visit his yoga retreat."

“Just tell him it's not a good time for you to travel," Willow suggested. “I'm sure he'll understand."

I hope so, Poppy thought. Due to his departure, Creek was the only Troll who didn't know about her pregnancy. But he was her dearest friend and she was six-and-a-half months along, now. He had a right to know. But how do you write it down on paper?

“Pops, did you order a Happy Fun-Time Bouncy Crib?" Willow asked. Poppy nodded. “Well, it got backordered. Apparently, there's a shortage of bungee cords, it won't come for another seven months."

“Are you kidding me?!" Poppy shouted angrily. “I can't wait seven months!"

“For what?" a voice called out. Poppy and Willow noticed Branch picking berries off a bush.

“A Happy Fun-Time Bouncy Crib!"

Branch raised an eyebrow. “Aren't those things extremely dangerous?"

“That's why they made me sign a waiver," Willow realized.

“If you want, I can make something safer and just as fun in seven hours," Branch offered.

“Uh, no offense, Branch, but what do you know about fun?" Poppy asked.

“Really? I'm insulted, Poppy!" Branch scoffed. “You really think I don't know what fun is?"

“Well, the fact that you don't sing, dance, or hug every hour doesn't really help much," Willow pointed out.

“Alright, point taken," Branch sighed. “But I could still make something that could work if you want."