t w o

After some hours I started hearing whispers from my door. I slowly made myself go to the door, carefully not to make a sound.

"I think she is sleeping." Somebody is whispering.

"Should we maybe let her sleep?" Another one asks.

"She did not eat much in the car, she should eat a little at dinner and have a talk with Vic, then she can go sleep again." I recognized the first voice now, Jon's voice.

I opened the door, my two brothers looking surprised. I yawned, while looking at them.

"Were you listening?" A dark aura suddenly came from both of them.

My eyes widened, I opened my mouth looking on the floor.

Jon laughed. "Don't be so mean, Eli!"

Elijah started smiling at me, but his eyes and his aura still told me something else.

"Sorry, little sis." He spoke, his hand patting my head again.

I shook my head. "It's okay."

"Let's go then." Jon said laughing, he walked first letting me and Elijah walking side by side.

I started thinking about the eavesdropping, I hope it really was a joke of them, I remember Simon hated it when I overheard some of his conversations.

We arrived at the kitchen. Elijah sat down next to a boy, they looked almost identical. Elijah smirked at me, while the other one looked even more intimidating than him. He had a tattoo on his arm and a pierced eyebrow.

Jon sat also down, next to Caleb who still looked as disinterested as before. I saw that Caleb also had a tattoo, on his chest, I wonder if all of them had one somewhere.

"Sit across from me, Lilith." A new voice commanded me. I looked into some sparkling green eyes. He looked the oldest of them all, so that must be my older brother Victor.

"O-okay." I stuttered and sat on the chair. Looking at the plate with spaghetti.

"We were waiting for you to come down, Lilith. I hope you are hungry." Victor said, his voice sounded a little gentler. Even though he said it in a kind way, I still felt the urge to apologize, because he did not stop looking at me.

"Y-yea, sorry. I fell asleep." I apologized and we started eating.

"So, I know you met some of us already, but I think another introduction round would be good." Jon broke the silence and smiled at everyone at the table. "Okay? Okay!"

"I am Jonathan, but you can call me Jon. And I am 23 years old. It is very nice to have you with us now." He introduced himself again.

Then he looked at Caleb. Caleb just starred back at him and then sighed. "Fine. I am Caleb, I am 18 and a Senior at highschool."

"I am your legal guardian. I am 27 years old, my name is Victor." He looked me in the eyes. "Now you are under my care, but because of work I may not be here very often. So your other brothers are also going to be in charge of you and I want you to respect them. Remember that."

"Okaaaay, Vic that was an interesting introduction. Let us talk about the second part later and talk with our twins!" Jon laughed nervous looking at his brother like he wanted to hit him.

"I am Elijah, I am 17 years old, so I am a Junior." He snickered, while glancing at Vic.

His twin got up. "Xander." He murmured. "I am his twin." He walked away and I just sat here. This awkward.

"It is your turn, Lilith!" Jon cheered me on.

"My name is Lilith, I am 15 years old, it is nice to meet you all." I said, I tried to sound confident and smiled a little bit at everyone.

"So now that everyone is finished, we can go and h-" Jon started, standing up getting all the plates together.

"Sitting and hearing what I have to say." Victor's voice was loud and demanding. "Xander!"

Jon just nodded, forming his lips into a thin line.

He gave me an apologetic smile, I dont want to know what is going to happen now.

"Fuck, what is it? Just because this little shit is living here now I can't leave whenever I want or what?" Xander walked back in, sitting down.

"Don't call her that!" Jon said.

"Little." He looked at Jon. "Shit." His eyes looked into mine now.

Victor hit the table with his fist. I flinched. He is going to shout now. I can see it, he is like Simon. He is totally like Simon. He is going to the same things like Simon.

"Lilith. Are you listening?" Victor's suprising calming voice reached me.

"No. Sorry. What?" I looked up, everyone looked at me strange. "Sorry."

"Now that everyone is listening to me, let us talk about the things that will change in the future." Victor explained. "First of all nobody of you will cuss ever again. Not for fun and especially not at each other, Xander do you understand?"

He huffed.

"We have Friday now, so Lilith will start her first day of Highschool on Monday, one of you guys will take her with you." He looked at Caleb, then at the twins.

"I can take her." Caleb said.

"So, tomorrow Jon and I won't be home, Elijah you will take Lilith shopping. Buy her enough to fill up the closet and some new school stuff. On Sunday Caleb will look after her. Do you guys understand?" He asked.

All of them nodded.

"The last thing is for you, Lilith. You will have some rules, while living under my roof. I expect better grades from you, then the ones you got at your old school. Like I said before you are going to listen to all of us. No cussing. No boys. No alcohol and no drugs. No lies as well, Lilith."

He knew.

I felt embarrassed, why is he saying it in front of everyone. I never took any drugs and never drank alcohol.

I only delivered for Simon when he said me I should. Once I got arrested, I said it was mine and I bought it from someone.

That's why I have a small record.

"I heard from Jon, that you already now how to answer us."

Verbally.

"Yes, I understand." I whispered, looking at my hands.

"Lilith, I think you are capable of looking me in the eyes." He told me, in his dark voice.

I looked up. "Yes, I understand." I said again.

"Okay, that was all for today, you all can go now." He dismissed us.

When I wanted to get out.

"Oh and Lilith." Victor's voice sounded kind of mocking. "I am sorry for your loss."

I stopped walking. Everybody stopped doing what they did, even Xander.

"Vic, can you please stop being-" Jon started but I cut him of.

"Am I supposed to answer you now?" I asked him, looking back, my eyes burning, while I held back my tears.

"That's what always responding verbally means." He started back at me, his eyes studying my face.

"Thank you." I hissed out, before running into my new room.

Laying down on my bed, the few tears that escaped dripping onto my pillow.

I layed in my bed till it was dark outside, why was he so mean to me. He was supposed to be my older brother. The only family I had left.

I expected too much. It is my fault as well. My imagination of siblings is based out of movies, it was just logical that it wouldn't be easy.