awake

I woke up to beeping noises. A pounding in my head. I opened my eyes. I felt dizzy. "Samantha. Are you ok baby girl?" I looked up to find my dad.

"I'm fine just dizzy."

"I called Doctor Cullen. You had me so scared. I've never felt more afraid. Do you know what's it like to have Paul call and ask me if I had seen you. That you left there two hours ago. Than you wouldn't answer you phone? I was worried sick."

"I'm sorry dad." Tears pricked in my eyes. I could tell that my dad had been crying.

"An when Paul said that you had been sitting in the rain." His voice cracked "You got Pneumonia. It could have been a lot worse. But please don't do it again. Why did you go it?"

"I won't. I'm sorry dad. Its just he hurt me so bad. I just wanted to feel numb."

"Paul said that you and him had an argument. But baby you don't need him. I know it feels better to be numb but if you do you miss a lot of things." I nodded. A while later I felt better. What my dad said really went to my heart. I heard a knock on the door. I closed my laptop and called come in.

"Sammy your alive!" Embry shouted. The whole pack filtered in exempt him.

"Yep didn't think you could get rid of me that easy!"

"That was not cool Sammy. We thought we had lost you." Leah told me wagging a finger at me.

"I'm sorry I really am." They all stayed for a while than most left. Paul and Leah stayed. "Have you seen him?"

"Nope. Don't want to see him either probley kill him."

"Now Leah," Paul warned.

"It's ok Paul. He's dead to me. Some of that crap he said can never be forgotten, or forgave."

*******
I sat down at the table. Pushing my wet hair into a pony tail. Apparently I missed something while in the shower because dad was staring Bella and Edward down.

"What's going on?"

"Sam we are engaged."

"Congrats I'm happy for you."

Almost a year later

I raced to the mail box. I really hope it would be here today. I reached in to the mail box and pulled the mail out. I flipped through it. Bill, bill. Omg it finally came. I ran inside. "Dad it came!" I shouted through the house. I heared him come down the stairs.

"Open it! Come on!" I ripped the envelope and took the papers out.

"Dear Samantha Swan, we regret to a form you that..." I let my voice end. My dad looked sad that i didn't get in. "That you will be coming to Seattle Pacific University!" I jumped up and down.

"I told you! I told you that you would get in!" He said as i lifted me into a bear hug. After I graduate early I had applied to different places for college. I had to get away from all of this for a while. I was going in to a vet tech program. I was hoping Seattle would let me in just because I could still visit , friends and family.

"Well aren't you going to go tell the guys?" My dad asked me. I nodded and gave him a hug.

"Thank you for believing in me dad." I raced out to my truck. I never thought I would get in. I rolled my windows down as I raced towards Sam's house. For once the sun was shining. I parked and raced towers the door. I opened the screen door. All the boys Emily, and Leah were sitting around the table. "Guess who's going to college!"

"You got in?" Leah asked excited.

"Yep!" I stayed there for awhile. "Sorry guys I've got to go."

"Why?" Paul whined.

"Wedding practice. The joys of it." Paul laughed.

"It's only a week away right?"

"Yep. Still got a week to make you agree to go with me." I said winking at him. His laughing stopped right away and he glared at me.

I walked out and drove to the Cullen's. I parked and I could already hear Alice yelling out commands. "Bella stand straight. Rose you are not helping!" I went around back. I saw everybody on the porch and Bella trying to walk in heels. I started laughing as I took a seat by Rose and Emmett.

"Don't be laughing Sam because you are wearing heels too."

"Nope no way. I'm going to be wearing boots." Heels were not my thing. I wear cowgirl boots everywhere.

"Not if I hide them."

"Than I would pull out some more from my stash."

"I'll hide them all!"

"Than I guess I'll be going bare foot." Everybody started laughing.

"We will see." Alice said hiding a smile.

"Heard you got into college." Emmett said.

"Yep."

"So trying to run away from your wolf boy?" Rose and I both hit him. As he laughed.

"No he's the one that ran away. Plus it's not running just taking a break. I'll be back." I had to admit that I knew that he would run. But it was hurting Bella. So I didn't tell her that. Maybe while he was running he would learn how to be nicer and not a asshole.

"Well congrats."

"Thanks."