Chapter 13

Ariella jumped when someone touched her shoulder as she signed her journal. She turned around, gripping her wand tightly. She sighed in relief as she saw Jasper staring at her.

Ariella playfully slapped Jasper's chest. "You nearly scared me to death, you arse."

Jasper chuckled. "Sorry, suga'. Didn't mean to startle you."

"Well, you still did." Ariella huffed, discreetly tucking her journal back to her bag. "What's your next class?"

"Hmm . . ." Jasper hummed playfully. "I have Arts."

"Oh!" Ariella exclaimed. "It seems as though we have the same period next!"

"That's great, suga'." Jasper smiled. "Let us go, then?"

Ariella nodded, and Jasper and her walked towards the classroom. Upon entering, Jasper opened the door for the bright woman, making Ariella laugh slightly. "Well, well. Don't we have a gentleman?"

"Only for you, darlin'." Jasper winked, making Ariella blush.

For that class, they just drew and stuff like that. That period passed quickly, and soon, it was already lunch. Jasper led Ariella to their table, where she found the Cullen family plus Bella were sitting. Ariella never voiced her suspiciousness, but she noticed that not one of the Cullens ate anything. Though they piled their lunch trays, they never touched their food. Jasper and Ariella sat down on the table, Ariella smiling at Jasper.

"So . . ." Emmett said, looking suggestively at Ariella and Jasper. "What's going on between you two?"

That resulted to him being hit by an apple, caused by Ariella. Edward chuckled at this. Rosalie looked at Ariella. "By the way, I heard from Edward that you were going over at our place later. What are you going to do?"

"Oh, me and Edward has to write a musical piece. We ended up being partners in Music class. Interesting, really." Ariella said, smiling at Rosalie. "Anyway, I would take this opportunity to work on that History essay as well."

"Oh, right!" Rosalie said, as she remembered the essay they were handed yesterday. Alice gasped as she was pulled into a vision. Ariella looked at her worriedly, Alice's glassed over eyes startled her greatly. Suddenly, she took notice of the similarities in the Cullen's eyes. Then, she remembered something that she read in a book in the restricted section in Hogwarts.

The Cold Ones or the Pale Faces are known to often have red eyes, which are a result to them feeding on human blood. However, not all Cold Ones feed on humans. One or two covens from Forks, Washington are found to have been feeding on animal blood, resulting to their eyes being golden or amber.

Ariella gasped, her eyes widening. She felt something poke into her mental barrier. She looked around at the people surrounding her. Bella looked at her sister, startled. It was dangerous for her to find out about the Cullens now. As much as she hated to admit it, she still cared about Ariella, though there was still hatred because she left her.

"Whoever is trying to enter and read my mind I suggest you stop before I make you." Ariella growled lowly, just enough that only the Cullens plus Bella could hear her. Immediately, Bella looked at Edward. Jasper tried to send calming waves towards the raging witch, but found that he could not. She had completely cancelled his ability. Taking in a deep breath, Ariella muttered. "Listen, one of you explain everything to me right now. If you don't want to explain here then follow me outside, I would gladly take you somewhere remote if it means getting answers. Isabella, you are to come with me as well."