Chapter 30

"You really have no idea, do you?" Ariella groaned. "Where's your wand?"

Edward looked ashamed. Ariella noticed his look and glared. She pressed on. "Where – is – your – wand?"

"I broke it." Edward said flatly, ridding his face of all emotions. "I snapped it in half as soon as I heard that the Triwizard Tournament was over."

Ariella widened her eyes, but soon made herself look emotionless. She stepped forward, letting Jasper's hand fall to the side. Ariella raised her hand and slapped Edward. She turned around and said, "Get lost. After this fiasco with James, I'll be returning to London."

Bella looked taken aback. "Wait – Ariella, you can't! Y-You just came back to me and Dad - and . ."

Ariella glanced at Bella, and quickly looked away. "I'm sorry but it's for the best."

Jasper held Ariella's hand yet again. "I'm going with you."

Ariella smiled slightly at her mate. "Sure thing, love. Settle things with Carlisle first, okay?"

Edward spluttered his next words. "What's wrong with the Wizarding World, Ariella?"

Ariella sneered at her old friend. "Voldemort is back, you dickwad. That's what's wrong with the Wizarding World. And you know what? Harry was there in the graveyard when he returned, thinking he was with you. When Pettigrew spotted your body, he said 'Kill the spare.'."

Edward gulped. "Where are you going to stay?"

"That's none of your business. Here's what I know." Ariella flipped her hair and turned to look forward. "There will be a war. One that will settle things for sure. But they cannot win without more allies. The Order of the Phoenix was made to fight Voldemort, even back then during the First Wizarding War. The Ministry of Magic is sputtering nonsense. They don't believe Harry. If you know what's good for you, you would fight for the light as well."

Without any other words, she grabbed her sister's hand and walked out of the garage to finish speaking to the Cullen's about Bella's safety. Jasper turned to look at her shell-shocked brother. "You messed up real time, this time, bro."

"I know that, you don't need to remind me." Edward snapped. Jasper shrugged, before running out of the garage as well, leaving Edward to his thoughts.

Ariella let go of Bella's hand when they were in the sight of the other Cullens. "We should put the plan into action as soon as possible. We don't want to waste time."

Rosalie looked up and nodded her head. "She's right. Carlisle, when do we leave."

"Right now." Edward's voice resonated through the room, making Ariella scowl. Soon, all of the arrangements were made, and Ariella was already in the car with her sister, Alice and Jasper.

"Hey." Ariella said softly, smiling at Bella. "Nothing will happen to you, alright? Nothing major, at least."

Bella smiled weakly at her sister, before frowning. "You wouldn't really go back to London, would you?"

Ariella sighed. "I have to, Bells. Don't worry, I'll check in every few days to check that you're doing alright. Yeah?"

"You really would?" Bella looked at her sister hopefully.

"You don't have to ask, Bella." Ariella chuckled.

---

[ special thanks to @Kili-Loverxx for being the first to vote on the newly updated chapters! ]