Arc 3

Arc 3

Ch. 1 Hunting Party

Sebas

The next morning after training, the girls' parents come to pick them up. Tilfa came first to take Julie home then Banks with the guards came with some silver haired teenagers to practice hunting in the forest. I wave goodbye to both of them and the teenagers tease and jeer Ninni for having a little boyfriend.

A few well-placed Whirl-rings chop one of their spears in to a dozen pieces.

They pale and turn to me. I'm giving them a smile with a thick amount of killing intent.

I dispel it and wave at Ninni, "Bye Ninni, I'll see you later!"

Banks laughs, and then lets the teenagers know that I was the one who defeated Rollo and was to be Ninni's future mate.

Oh... noooow he's bragging... I roll my eyes.

They are instantly much more respectful.

Ninni puffs out her chest then shyly waves me goodbye before leaving with the group.

Adorable.

*

The rest of my day continues like normal. Iliza gives me lessons, Zorlo oversees my magic training. Then papa comes home early today for dinner.

Everything is just fine, just another peaceful memory.

...

!!!

I sharp sense like lightning shot through my back.

"Sebas, what's wrong?" Papa asks.

I seem to have suddenly stood up at the table, and made a worrisome face. I leapt over the table and to the front door. My ears were turning back and forth. Something is wrong. What is wrong? Why do I have this sick feeling of impending dread?

From the forest, I hear the sound of a howl.

Papa is the next to stand up. "That's Banks! Something's wrong!"

Mama looks at me. I know mama, but, "I have to protect her." With that I rush through to the forest. I run as fast as my magically powered arms and feet will take me. I don't know how, but I know exactly where I need to go. I know the forest like the back of my hand, though I'd never tell mama that.

The deeper I get into the forest the darker it gets as the trees get taller and canopy fills out. I don't need any problems with the natural wildlife, so I travel a good distance above the ground ducking and weaving through the tree branches.

Soon I find what I'm looking for. There is a large but shallow cave coming out of a cropping of building-sized granite stones. Surrounding the cave are Banks and the hunting party. I check for Ninni and see that she is unharmed. I can't say that for the rest of them especially her father who has taken a beating. I look at who they are fighting.

Backed up into the cave is a black growling creature the size of a semi-truck... Rollo. I want to jump into action, but something is off.

The Rollo I know wouldn't get cornered like that. He'd slaughter them all without a moment's warning, this Rollo didn't move from his spot as it swiped at anyone who got too close.

Instead of acting rashly, since I know Ninni is safe, I perch on a branch and try to take in what is going on. My three tails sway behind me as I think.

There is a good distance between the hunting party and Rollo. They could easily get away. One or two of them look injured, but nothing is life threatening. When they throw a spear or fire an arrow at him he doesn't try to dodge them. Is he stuck? I look at his feet for traps. But that isn't what I find. There are small black lumps behind him. I also notice that he is considerable smaller than Rollo and only has one tail.