Arc 6

Arc 6

Ch. 1 I've Arrived

"Yes yes, that's all well and good, but the feast is ready, your happiness." Zorlo clapped his hands from around the corner.

"Let's do that! Come my friend," I hold my hand out to the guard. "My destiny is being written for me in a book of fairytales while we loaf around. Let's go grab that pen before the ink dries!"

He takes my hand to stand up and we walk to the banquet hall.

There is a big double door and as the guards go to open it I stop them.

"No, this is my moment!" I proclaim shocking them a little.

I crack my fingers and shake out the tension in my body a little bit.

"I've always wanted to do this." I put both hands on the doors and push. They are heavy, but I push them open all the same. with a perfectly timed burst from both hands and the doors flew open.

The guards were stunned that such a young boy had such strength, but Zorlo couldn't be more pleased. If I know the king, he is going to love this.

"I have arrived!" I shout as I strut into the posh feast. If you don't know who I am then that is your problem.

The king and everyone turn to me shocked by the display, but the king is the first to laugh. He claps his hands and beckons me forward.

I strut perfectly toward him. I give a half bow and return his smile.

He puts his hand on my shoulder and raises his glass to the room of nobles.

"Attention everyone! This is my son! Let us give him a welcome befitting his station!" He announces.

Many people shout enthusiastically, but I can see a few in the crowd giving me the stink eye.

Yep I've already made enemies, but it doesn't matter. I'm only here for a month and then I'm being shipped off to another kingdom.

I throw off a lot of people as I actively introduce myself to every person. I gauge their reactions, and keep in mind which ones are friendly or hostile. At one point, I find myself surround by single ladies my age. Obviously trying to gain favor to be the next wife. I don't know how to flirt per say. But since I have both Julie and Ninni, all the anxiety I'd normally feel is long gone. I entertain them with a short love story or two from my memory and comment on how lovely they look in their dresses.

I'm asked about my pin and scarf and tell them wild stories of my family and the demon beasts that became my familiars. I exaggerate my deeds a bit in an attempt to spread false information. There are many different reactions when I tell them my unique scarf was a gift from one of my brides-to-be, the princess of Grandine.

Eventually, I am approached by Reina who welcomes me. We have a nice chat and she asks about Ralla's End and the programs we had to help with the refugees. She asks many questions and looks like she wants to take notes.

Sicilia followed after once she caught up to me to introduce her daughters in passing, and then I only ever see them from across the room at best.

Mother Calypso makes an appearance, but disappears quickly after that. Part of me wants to apologize for the fight, but never got the chance as I was whisked away by some nobles charmed by my wit.

The party ends, and I am beat.

I am shown to my room, but for the sake of not being assassinated on my first night I climb on top of a dresser and wrap my tails around me. Since I was planning on being an adventurer you can't always guarantee you'll be able to sleep on a bed. I had trained in trees and other odd places in order to get my body used to it back home. At this point I could comfortably sleep almost anywhere and cat nap with one eye open without too much trouble.