Arc 12

Arc 12

Ch. 1 Archangels' Facade

Sebas

A few days later it was time for the Winter's eve ball. My sisters routinely send me new outfits after I send them my measurements and I got a new dress outfit just for this occasion. It was white suit with black trim and a black cape that hung over my left shoulder. A matching bright blue design of a striped panther and a nine-tailed fox on either side of the Asmos Ti'en coat of arms.

Winter's Eve is more of a human holiday, and in the poorer town of Ralla's End we never celebrated gift giving holidays like Winter's eve much. I heard that nobles try and find every excuse to celebrate and throw money around. Mama and Papa were never fond of those kinds of events because it reminded them of how out of place they were in noble society. They were more into the festivals around harvests and the like.

I checked myself out in the mirror in my room. And notice Lilith staring at me. "Lilith, don't get any of your nose blood on my new clothes." I laugh.

Lilith covered her face with her hands and peeked through her fingers, "But master you look so handsome. But um... are you sure you want me to come... and like this?" She pointed at her own dress. It was a long navy blue dress that looked like a mage's formal attire with some sexy thrown in for her personal taste. With an exaggeratedly big hood that looked more like a cape and a lowcut front showing off too much cleavage. She also wore a scarf that matched my cape, only the coat of arms was emblazoned clearly on the front end of the scarf which rested over her left breast. But what she was referring to is the sword she had strapped to her waist.

"I'm sure, I can rely on Cedric for most issues, but he is loyal to the king. You are the only one beside Cheshire that I can truly trust. I can't wear my sword it throws off my balance when I try to dance, so I'll have you carry it. Besides it's not like it's dead weight considering your skill and it will give those seeking to do you harm something more to consider." I say as I straighten my shirt.

Lilith blushes, and her ring turns green.

I sigh.

Who know who is going to try and kill me this time.

*

The party is even grander than my arrival. The entire room looks golden and is filled with floating orbs of yellow that would slowly turn silver and then back to yellow. Reflective decorations made out of small scarps of paper lined the ballroom. Many nobles wore flashy and gaudy outfits several danced in the middle of the room while many gossip around the edges of the room. Knights in their dress uniform mingle in the crowd wearing swords. Guards are posted along the walls, and servants walk through the crowds with trays of refreshments and fancy snack food.

I smile when I notice that some of the Archangels are here. They have infiltrated one of the most exclusive parties of the year and were even personally invited guests. Boss Tir must be all kinds of giggly. If the nobles knew that the dashing gentlemen mercenaries were a branch of the infamous assassination guild of the Teagon Capitol they'd run screaming. I looked into it, and the nameless Assassins guild had quite the reputation.

The enigmatic assassins had a reputation throughout the world and their organization was just as mysterious. I reflected that the assassins that I met that were supposedly their 'best' were semi-competent simpletons... maybe that's too quick of a judgement. All of them were able to break into the extensively guarded castle. And take my word for it, the only way I was able to even get out of the castle unnoticed was to go over the walls. One had attained a personal job in the castle and one had snuck in an entire strike force.