Arc 14

Arc 14

Ch. 1 Bad Personality

Sebas

Minerva's idea was simple and brilliant all at the same time. It involved numerous things, but they could easily be acquired or thrown together.

Essentially, the event was to mimic the Wall of Grandine. The teams would be made up of various contestants with a variety of skills. The horde of monsters would be broken down into categories based on the best method for killing them. A magically resistant monster, a physically resistant monster, a fast monster, a clever one, a horde, and a boss. One at a time the teams would dispatch each monster in turn until the end. They would be scored on their time, methods, wounds received, and if there were any casualties. The team with the best score won.

Figuring out teams would rely on a similar method as the Grandine hair qualifiers. Nerinin adamantly told us they were called the 'War Beads' after we started calling them weird things like 'Hair qualifiers'. Haha, she's pretty cute when she pouts like that.

Head bands or arm bands with colored shapes would be used to represent the contestant's strength and weaknesses. A professional team of Wolf Warriors from the Wall would give a short lecture about what they meant and their importance. Signs would also be made to explain them and placed around the city at popular locations and the event area.

Then two days before the event, that team of Wolf Warriors would hold a type of exhibition match showing techniques, strategies, and teamwork. They would be timed and that would become the official time to beat for an extra prize. The teams would then be given a whole day to gather information, plan strategies and overall prepare to beat out the Wolves' time. The better prepared teams had a better chance of winning while the less prepared teams might easily die.

I honestly thought it was a stroke of brilliance and most of this came to be after Minerva heard some gossip about a new type of clock that could measure something smaller than seconds. The first stopwatch in a way, but like a magic/technology hybrid. It made me a little curious as to what the different stages of technology are around the world, but that is a concern for another time.

I spend time with Minerva and Nerinin well beyond the hour that is required of me and to be completely honest, it isn't the most unpleasant thing. I'm a little fascinated by how well Minerva is able to communicate as a civilized person.

As it turns out we even had lunch together.

After Lunch, Nerinin decided it was time to go fill her father in on their idea and ask what permissions they needed.

I was about to go with her, just because it might be fun to see Banks again, but I'm stopped by Minerva.

"Actually, Sebas. May I speak with you privately for a moment?" Minerva asked, looking nervous once again. I know we are basically rivals, but now I'm starting to feel bad. When did I become the villain?... Okay, I haven't really been nice. But now she looks like a kid who just watched me kick a puppy.

We return to the dining room and sit down. Minerva begins to fidget.

"Okay you can spit it out, your starting to make me nervous." I prompt.

Minerva won't meet my eyes and stares at the paperwork still spread out on the table. "Please Sebas, I'll do anything, I'll even beg." She looks up at me with budding tears in her eyes. "But please don't tell Nerinin about what I'm really like. I know you hate me and I've given you every reason to. But I really need this thing with the demon beast tournament to work out. If she finds out about everything then..."

Foxtails and Fairytales: Reckless Adventures in Another Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें