Arc 15+Epilogue 1-4

Arc 15

Ch. 1 Last battle.

Sebas

"With the formalities out of the way we will now formally begin this match. Ready, FIGHT!" the announcer called.

Without any pretense, a flash of light and the loud crash of thunder shocked both those in attendance and the demon beasts. Cheshire and I simultaneously cast a high output magic called Lightning Bolt. I haven't formalized this ability because it isn't practical. It's a hero level magic that costs demi-god levels of mana when it needs to be tuned to an intermediate level on all accounts. I also haven't made a chant for it so that others can use it. But Cheshire and I can both easily use chantless magic. I decided that our greatest strength would be to focus on a magic that none of the beasts should a great resistance to. Lightning. That said, this is still an expensive spell. I won't be able to cast very many of them.

This battle is going to take a lot of magic, I can't afford to carelessly waste a single ounce. My first cost saving technique is to avoid using healing magic. The second, was to complete my plan and win this battle as swiftly as possible.

Our opening move was to each aim for one of the wings of the Sky Lions. This grounded them both. The skies were ours, but the match wasn't. Although Tungsten had his attention split. Lorelei kept her eyes on the prize and leapt forward. Her strength was her cool head, fire magic, speed, and ability to create shadow forms. She was a one-cat army.

The Sky Lions strength was their agility and speed in the air. Without their air advantage their abilities as DPS roles were halved. Which meant that Lorelei was the biggest threat at the moment. In gamer terms the sky lions were the rouges who were fast and dealt a lot of punishment but couldn't take it. Tungsten was a support tank, between his healing abilities and his solid physical foundation he could take the full brunt of a dragon landing on him and still fight. Lorelei was a battle mage, she could very easily sit at the back and cast powerful attack magic but was fast and resilient enough to be right in the thick of the fighting. Cheshire was a very well-rounded battle mage which meant that he could fulfil just about any role from tank to caster to damage dealing, but the weakness was that he couldn't do any of them as well as those who specialized in those areas.

Today I set aside my traditional role as attacker for support caster. One wrong hit and I could be out of the fight... forever. I have a few good attack spells, but I don't think I have enough mana for any of my direct attack spell to be practical. This means I am going to support Cheshire who is my frontline tank and damage dealer while I distract and impair the enemy while enacting our strategy behind the scenes.

With Lorelei charging at me as expected, it was my move. I place my hands around my mouth and cast 'Shout' my battle cry yelp is amplified by the magic. It's a short-range Smite-shotgun. Since Lorelei aimed at me she was hit by the full force of it. Between the loud bang, the bright flash of light, and the combined damage she was temporarily stunned.

Now it was time to get out of the way. I create a shield around myself, jump as high as I can into the air and activate gravity magic to stay there. Now it was Cheshire's show, and the sky's already clouding over.

Lorelei shook off my attack quickly, but she was intercepted by Cheshire's.

It was a fearsome sight. Cheshire's long hair stood on end as his blue stripes glowed brightly but what made him truly frightening was the wreath of Lightning that surrounded him that would do continuous damage to anyone near him. He roared at Lorelei and with it the ground underneath him shook as lightning poured out of the cracks forming in her direction. With a powerful kick of his legs he intercepted her with his claws when she dodged the ground lightning attack.