Arc 13

Arc 13

Ch. 1 Princely Punishment

Sebas

I'm holding onto Nerinin as I reverse gravity on the poles that I wrapped around her. I discovered early on that she had a high resistance to magic when I couldn't bring her to her knees or make her float, so I decided that I just had to go about it in a different way. Making the poles wrap around anything they touch was a lesser form of magic then when I make moving shapes out of water for stories. If I recall correctly it's a form of the puppetry school of magic.

If I could fix enough material that I could control to her then I could win the fight without revealing my aces. So here we are flying up and up into the air.

"Fancy meeting you here." I say when we stop and begin floating.

"Whaaaaaa, so high!" Nerinin panics.

I also know that Nerinin isn't so good with heights.

I put my hands behind my head and kick my feet up like I'm lounging while floating around her. "I have also picked up a few tricks. One of them is gravity magic." I smile smugly.

"This isn't fair!" Nerinin is almost in tears.

"Ninni, I'm very impressed. I had to go this far just to beat you. You've been working really hard, haven't you?"

Ninni nods her head cutely.

I float over and pet her on the head. "You did very good, I'm proud of you." When I pet her head I'm almost too distracted by how fluffy her head is to notice her tail wagging. "I had to really think up something new to fight you."

I couldn't get enough of the cute face she was making.

"Sebas, I think you win. Can we go back down now?" Nerinin said after a minute.

"Oops." I pull my hand back. "I got distracted by how cute you became."

Nerinin flushed as I brought us slowly back to the ground.

*

As we touched down the stone rods fell away from Nerinin, and I was declared the winner. I stretched and walked over the wolf kid that has a chip on his shoulder for me.

"I was pulling you leg earlier and that wasn't fair. My Name is Sebas Asmos Ti'en, let me buy you something to eat." I say holding out my hand to Revein.

"Revein Valleypaw. Well, you proved you're sneaky son of a bitch." Revein begrudgingly shook my hand a little too hard.

I laughed. "Ha! I just met my biological mother not too long ago and she'd grin from ear-to-ear to hear you say that. Either way, you hit just as hard as the old bastard that beat me to the ground and called it training."

"Nerinin told me that she kicked your ass without magic, but I wasn't aware that you could use such strong beast strengthening techniques." Revein crossed his arms while grumbling.

I had question marks over my head. "Huh?"

He was equally surprised. "You mean you didn't know?"

I laughed nervously. "My research has been mostly centered on unearthing ancient magic, dissecting the current magical theory, and developing my own techniques from scratch. I haven't really thought much about strengthening magic." I admitted as he balked.

I used strengthening techniques! Since when did that start?

"Does that mean I cheated?" I asked.