Chapter Twenty Four

Harper

Time flies fast.

It's been almost two weeks since Ashton and I started dating. If before, I used to live my life without him, now I can't seem to imagine what my day will look like when he's not around. It's because we spent most of our time together for the past week.

Since being together has become our new normal, Ashton has now moved some of his stuff—his clothes, his books, his extra toothbrush and personal necessities—at my dorm. We decided that it would be more feasible since we spend lesser and lesser time at the clubhouse. And he spends lesser and lesser time at home. He says it's because of his older brother and father.

And because he doesn't spend as much time as he used to at home, I know he misses his younger brother Alex.

Which is why we are at Martha's, Ashton's favorite place, to meet Alex, who's been teasing us since he arrived here.

"Color me surprised but I really didn't see this coming," he repeats. He has said that for like five times already. "I didn't imagine my brother to have this kind of a serious relationship, you know."

"One more word from you and I'll kick you in the balls," Ashton warns.

"I know you miss me, bro," Alex consoles his older brother. "I'm just glad."

Ashton rolls his eyes and asks, "How's Adrian? Is he still after my ass?"

"Maybe? I haven't talked to him since last week. He usually leaves early and goes home late, for what reason, I have no idea."

"How about Jackson?"

"You know, the usual." And Alex leaves it at that.

They exchange looks as if to warn each other not to talk about their dad even further, especially that I am here. In the time that I've been with Ashton, I know that any topic about Jackson Price is a no-no.

Ashton fakes a cough.

"So Harper, if ever my brother becomes a bore, just remember that I'm just here," Alex jokes to change the heavy mood that's present in the air. He reaches out to touch my had and—

"Ow—fuck, that hurts."

"I'm not sorry," Ashton says nonchalantly.

"Harper, how can you keep up with this kind of man who kicks another dude on the knee?" He exclaims. "Don't let him get away with that."

I chuckle before I say, "Ashton, apologize."

"Fine. Sorry, but if you try to touch her again, I won't think twice to kick you and on the balls."

With that, Alex laughs.

"I am having a field day seeing my brother follow orders from a chick," He teases. I am now seriously concerned with his knee, or his balls. But he doesn't stop. He continues, "I'm amused. Thank you, Harper."

"Welcome," I reply, massaging Ashton's right knee. He likes it when I massage his knee. It relaxes him.

I glance at Ashton as he presses my knuckles to his lips. Since we started dating, he has been even more touchy. It's like when he's not touching any part of my body, his entire body goes cold that he needs me to keep him warm.

Even though our relationship has taken a 360 turn, we still haven't said I love you to each other yet. Although I have finally figured out what I feel for him, I still want him to say it first.

"What are you planning to do on your birthday, bro?" Alex breaks the silence. "You know that Jackson's throwing a party for you," he pauses then looks at me. "Is Harper going to be there? Harper should be there."