15

Colby and I rode in the back of Kat's car with her and Sam, Jake and Tara with Devyn and Corey. Quite honestly, I'm not really sure how long the drive was because Colby and I were basically just staring at each other the entire time.

                "Is that the only thing you ever wear when you want to look nice?" I asked, looking at his all-black outfit.

                "What, do I not look nice?" he asked.

                "Well of course you do," I said with a laugh. "You do know there are three more buttons on your shirts though, right?"

                "Are there really? Woah. Crazy," he said.

                "I know, right?" I replied. We both laughed quietly and he set his hand on my thigh. I looked down at it, unable to stop myself from smiling.

                "Okay, we're here," Sam said. I looked up at the building we'd parked in front of.

                "No. Fucking. Way," I said.

                "Yup," said Colby.

                "This is so unfair. I've been trying to get Sam to take me here forever," said Kat.

                "What? Since when?" asked Sam.

                "Well I haven't asked you directly. I just hinted at it," said Kat.

                "Babe, you've got to ask me directly for this stuff," he said.

                "Oh, whatever," she replied.

                "Well, let's go," said Colby. We all got out of the car and walked over to Corey's car, which was parked a few rows away from Kat's.

                "You know, I've been wanting Corey to take me here for forever," said Devyn.

                "That's what I said!" exclaimed Kat.

                "Nessa wins for most romantic boyfriend," Tara said.

                "Yeah, yeah," Colby mumbled, starting up toward the restaurant with my hand in his.

                The place was called 71 Above. It was one of the fanciest places in all of LA, which had a lot of fancy places.

                I'd never been before, and neither had anyone else. The food was amazing, the building was beautiful, and hanging out with everyone again was absolutely wonderful. We finished after a couple hours and went back out to the cars.

                "Okay, we're going to go back home and change and then I'm taking you somewhere else," said Colby.

                "Seriously? There's more?" I asked.

                "Of course there is. You don't even know what today is yet," he pointed out.

                "Shit, I suppose you're right," I replied. I leaned my head on Colby's shoulder for the majority of the ride, Kat's amazing voice filling my ears as she sang along to the radio.

                Colby practically dragged me out of the car when we got home, his movements full of excitement.

                "Come on! We're going to miss the sunset!" he said.

                "Okay, okay! I'm coming!" I said.

                "Dress cute, okay?" he said.