10: Heaven & Monsters🌅👹

Kam

Kam

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"Angels walk among us

Demons walk among us.

Monsters live among us."

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"It's a full moon," Asa said calmly, her eyes held a lost, almost dark look as she stared up at the moon for a while, looking lost in space.

I stared at her.

What do you think of, Asa?

Why do you look like you need healing?

Like you need fixing?

We had told Jemi and Kosi that we were leaving early. They had been dancing together and Kosi was in the middle of a slow, seductive grind on Jemi when we told them that we were leaving. They had looked at us, smiling a weird smile, like they knew something we didn't, and we had taken an uber to drop us off at the beach.

We placed our hoodies on the sand and sat on them. I pulled her to me and was glad when she didn't complain.

We sat for a while, staring in silence at the rising and crashing of the waves of the sea, the vastness of it.

"I hate full moons." She whispered, shivering, burrowing into me under my arm. I welcomed her warmth. Her steady breathing.

"Why?" Against my will, my voice came out as a whisper.

Stone cold silence met my question and I started asking questions I hadn't allowed myself to think about.

The faint, almost faded, silvery scar around her wrists, her arms, like handprints. The claw like scars around her neck and ankles as she dug her feet into the sand. The cold hardness of her eyes, like someone that had been through hell and back, the rigidness of her spine like she was trying to straighten it up after holding the weight of the world. She looked as if she had hardened herself in expectance of trouble. Preparing herself for battles she was going to fight alone, not realizing that she had already been defeated.

What had happened to this girl?

And who the hell hates the moon? Beautiful and magical as it was.