02: Chocolate🍫

Asa

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"He crashed into my life.

Quite figuratively"

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"I'm so sorry." The voice said.

And I froze.

That voice. That accent. That European accent, weathered down a bit from spending a whole year in Nigeria, that coated his words, making them sound so much more exotic than just words.

That was how I knew who it was before I even had to look.

Kam... Of course, that's not his full name. He was Kamsiyochukwu De Angeles. But he showed up at our school last year as the new kid, declaring that everyone called him Kam. With his bright, intriguing personality, he got sucked immediately into the popular crowd.

He had bronze skin, setting him apart from most of us, a testament to his part Caucasian heritage. That mop of chocolate brown hair that was uniquely his and a face that belonged on a canvas or a sketchpad. A face that people would pay millions to see at a museum. So artistically imperfect that all the flaws looked perfect. High cheekbones, mischievous eyes, dimpled cheeks, enigmatic smile was a summary of who Kam was.

"It's okay." I murmured, as I squeezed the hem of my dress, and sighed at the hideous pink stain.

I looked up at him, sighing in frustration, only to find out that he was already looking at me, squinting in frustration, like he was trying to recall something but couldn't.

"I... I... Know you," He said, "I've seen you before... In school."

Duh. "We go to the same school. I see you around too."

"I'm really sorry for spilling your drink."

"It's fine. Really."

"No it's not." He insisted, his accent, curling over the 'n' and omitting the 't'. "Let me get you another drink."

"No, really. It's fine." I averted my eyes from those warm brown eyes. The colour of creamy chocolate. Of brushes of honey and cognac.

"C'mon. It's the least I can do after spilling your drink. Please don't say no. I'll buy for your friend too?" Dimples flashed shamelessly as he blessed me with that goofy grin I'd only ever seen from afar. Never close up.

Something about his happy grin made me scowl and want to wipe it off his face.

"Seriously. I'm fi-oof."

Kosi just kicked me in the shin.

"She means she's fine with it," She said hastily. "Don't you?" She turned to me, winking at me so fast, an epileptic patient had nothing on her.

"Err. No, actually, I meant- Ouch! Kosi. What the hell?!"

She had kicked me again. Harder this time.

"Excuse me a minute, let me have a word with my friend." She smiled apologetically, turning away from Kam and pulling me along with her.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I hissed at her.

"Setting you up." She clarified. "Don't fuck this up."

"I'm not interested." I told her. "And neither is he. That's Kam, Kosi. Kam!"