10

Jungkook's POV

My anxiety increased to the point I could feel my heart thumping inside my chest.

The incoming danger suddenly stopped moving. I opened my eyes, trying to be as silent as possible. I don't want to get caught..

I held my breath and listened to where the growling was coming from. It became louder and louder, and that's when I realized that it was coming closer. My eyes widened and my hands became sweaty. My mouth opened slightly, but it was enough to make me hear my own breathing that became unsteady. It was like everything went in slowmotion.

Silence.

Suddenly, a huge, black wolf jumped in front of me, making me fall backwards. I crouched to the far corner, red eyes piercing right through me. His teeth were on display, a loud, threatening growl echoed through the wolf's body, out of his mouth. I pressed my knees against my chest, my head buried into my knees. Tears rolling down my face, I began to shake. It came closer and closer, and that's when I noticed something.

'Mate.'

My breath hitched and I looked back up, immediately regretting my decision. My mate's teeth were only centimeters away from my face, glimming due to the light. He stepped even closer, to the point his head was right next to mine. His red eyes haunted me down from the side, never leaving mine.

I closed my eyes, tears never stopped falling and I waited.

I waited for my own mate to kill me.

Taehyung's POV

I opened my mouth, teeth grazing against my mate's skin. I was about to close my mouth to crack his neck, when Yoongi mindlinked me.

'What do you want now?!' I nearly roared.

-'Alpha, I'm taking my mate towards our pack. I'll be leaving now.'

'Don't even think about it, Yoongi! He's not going to enter--'

He putted up a wall.

I'm going to murder him when I'm back at our pack house. How dare he to disrespect me like that?!

                ~Flashback~

I was growling at the Jimin guy, ready to kill him. He was scared, I could see, but he tried to hide it. I didn't waste another moment and jumped onto him, biting in his neck. He whimpered but tried to fight me off.

Since I was a lot stronger than him, he didn't succeed. I bit him in his leg and he squeaked in a high pitched tone, clearly in pain. I tasted blood and released his leg, focusing on his neck. He was squirming, but I held him tightly.

I was nearing his neck with open mouth, some drool falling onto the ground. He widened his eyes and stopped squirming, now probably begging me not to kill him internally. Only the thought made me giggle.

My snout already in his fur, I was about to bite down when someone shoved me off of him, surprising me. I growled loudly and looked at the wolf, my jaw now hanging ajar.

Yoongi.

I looked back at the Jimin guy, who didn't even bother to stand up. He looked rather astonished at the wolf who was staring right back at him.

Jimin's POV

The whole world seemed to stop for a moment. It was only me, and the unknown wolf who was staring at me with loving, but curious eyes. He was the most beautiful wolf I've ever seen in my life. His brown fur shone.