Chapter 38

"He was not there Nandini not because he didn't care much about his sister, he was not there because life didn't gave him any options... When you were going through all that torture alone Nandini, your brother was lying on his death bed, counting his days left...."

What did she just said, I heard something wrong didn't I.. I felt dizzy and before collapsing on the ground, Manik hold me...Manyu and Cabir came running towards me

Cabir - Nandini bacha you are okay?

Abhimanyu- Mukti what is wrong with you, I told you to keep quiet why don't you listen... Enough okay..

"No Abhi, how can I keep quiet listening all the allegations Nandini has put on you... I know she is your sister and she has gone through a lot, I love her too even before I got too know your relation with her... But she can't blame you for something that is not your fault, she needs to know why her brother who always have been there for everything wasn't there for her this time when she needed him the most.." Mukti shouted, okay I wanted to know the truth, he needs to answer my questions right now, I gathered myself up and came out of hold of Manik, he tried to protest but I showed him my palm and that was enough to keep him quiet...

Nandini - Tell me the truth Manyu, Mukti is talking about what?

Abhimanyu- Piddi it's nothing... you don't need to worry about it I will

I cut him off and asked again, "Tell me the truth Manyu, I just wanna hear the truth..." He looked at me helplessly, Mukti got a hold of his hand and nodded at him to get started with his side of story.. 

"I met Mukti in a hospital in Mumbai two years ago, some days after Peri Amma and Peri Appa died she was there to meet some friend and I was there as a patient...."

"Patient" I whispered and he heard, he gave me that sad smile of his and I knew I wasn't going to like this story at all.. I looked for Manik and he immediately took me In a hug, he knew to listen more I needed him by my side..

Manik - Continue, we are listening..

Abhimanyu- I was diagnosed with Brain Tumor..

A gasped from several mouths could be heard across the room and I felt like someone has taken my heart in their hands and have crushed it.. He had tumor, I couldn't believe my ears.. No no Nandu, I started sweating and Manik was continuously rubbing my back to ease me down..

"I got to know this when we were in Vegas, I didn't know what to do, it was the starting stage but my condition was not too good, I shared the news with Peri Appa and he broke down but being a doctor he didn't loose hope... We decided not to tell you and Peri Amma about this, because we know you both will not be able to accept it... Peri Appa has some friend who was a tumor specialist here in Mumbai. He was in Vegas that time for some Seminar, He checked me and informed that I had hope, so he informed me that I will be getting my treatment in Mumbai itself by him..

But before I could fly down to Mumbai, we lost our parents Piddi.. we lost them and I brought you to Mangalore, I never wanted to leave you alone there but my condition was getting worst and I had no choice... I could have sent you back to Vegas but I got the news that Raghuvendra uncle and Aryaman moved to London and we didn't have anybody closed to us there, I didn't knew what to do when Appa decided to keep you with them..

At that moment, I thought that was the best decision, Doctor had given me hope but he was not so sure that I will concur this battle, I never wanted you to be left all alone when I am also gone, so I thought keeping you in Mangalore was a good decision... Because they were family too but I was mistaken, I left my sister in the hand of a beast who tortured her and abused her.. I couldn't came to see you because I was getting my therapies done, I wanted to live for you Piddi, so that I can be with you.. you were right I can't go a day without you, but only I know how I managed these stupid two years without you by my side... I am sorry Nandini, I am so sorry.."