Chapter 9: What Had Happened

Kaede Akamatsu's P.O.V

         Shuichi passed out!? Why? Maki and Himiko were about to walk out when I spoke out.

"Wait! Is it okay if I came along..?"

Maki then looked at me and said it was fine. I was glad she accepted. I was slightly worried about him. I wanted to make sure he was all right.

We arrived at the library to see Shuichi leaning against a wall, fainted. Kokichi was there too. He was probably waiting for us to arrive. He sighed.

"Don't worry, he's not dead. Not yet anyway. Did you guys also get Kirumi? I forgot to ask her to come along."

We had also forgotten to ask Kirumi to come. She would be helpful in this situation since she's most likely to have medical knowledge. She is the Ultimate Maid, so she must be able to do most things, at least to a certain extent.

"We didn't-" Maki was interrupted by Kirumi entering the room.

"I decided to come along since I figured you may need my assistance. I'm sorry for barging in like this, but is my assistance required?" Kirumi inquired.

We all nodded, and Kirumi walked towards Shuichi's unconscious body.

Monokuma (sadly) showed up, just explaining where medical supplies were and saying he would probably create a medical room for situations like this. He said, and I quote:

"The room will only be for treating people who are sick or are in non-fatal conditions. The only exception is if the person is in a fatal condition that is not caused by someone else. We don't want people dying by themselves now, do we?"

I can't wait to get out of here, I can say that.

After taking Shuichi to his room, Kirumi checked to see if he had any other conditions. Luckily, he just needed to rest.

"Well, now that we know Shuimai's fine, who's gonna keep watch?" Kokichi questioned.

Kirumi offered, but I felt like she had already done so much, so I offered instead. In the end, everyone agreed that I would watch over him until he woke up.

"Oma, what caused Saihara to faint?" Maki spoke out.

"I dunno, I was just talking to him about stuff and he suddenly started having a panic attack," Kokichi chirped.

He was probably lying. He had to at least have a hunch on what made Shuichi panic.

"Listen, I don't have a lot of patience to deal with your nonsense, so answer me honestly this time. What were you doing or talking to him about that caused him to react the way he did?" Maki looked irritated.

His face was blank for a moment before his childish attitude returned.

"It's none of your business!"

Kokichi and Maki then proceeded to bicker back and forth. Why would Shuichi have a panic attack like that? I remember him telling me something that could relate to this... Oh!