Chapter 11: Survivor Perk II

Shuichi Saihara's P.O.V

The shot put ball was getting closer, and it felt like time was slowing down. I can't lose her like this. I won't lose her like this. I quickly pulled her into my arms, and the shot put ball hit the floor.

It created a dent on the floor, and I could only imagine how much worse it could have been if it hit Kaede's head. The impact of my pull caused us both to fall backward, and we hit the floor as well.

"S-Saihara..?" Kaede stuttered. She was in a complete daze, shocked as to what had just happened.

"Akamatsu, are you alright?" I asked.

"I-I'm fine, thank you."

I realized the position we were in. Kaede was laying on top of me, and I was leaning against a wall (again).

To make things even more awkward, Rantaro was right there, staring at us. As a result, I blushed quite a bit, and Kaede did as well.

"What the hell!? How did a shot put ball of all things get into a vent!?" Rantaro spoke out, breaking the silence.

After recovering from that awkward moment and position, I pondered that as well. How did a shot put ball get in the vent? I know this couldn't have happened on accident. Someone had to have planned this, but who? Kaede and I never entered the classroom, so it couldn't have been her. I don't think Rantaro did it, as he wouldn't have warned her if he did. Himiko and Maki are definitely out of the question.

Eleven possible suspects. Then, she came to mind. Does she already know what we're planning? Was she trying to...kill off Kaede because of this?

"Saihara? Are you there?" Rantaro snapped his fingers in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.

"Huh? Oh, sorry..."

"Do you have any idea who it could have been?" Kaede inquired.

"No, I don't," I lied.

As evil as Tsumugi is, I still have to find evidence that she could have been the one that placed the shot put ball. Plus, no one else other than me, Maki, and Himiko think Tsumugi is suspicious, let alone the mastermind. It wouldn't make sense for me to frame her at this time.

"We'll figure it out eventually. For now let's just be thankful that Saihara has quick reflexes, and that Akamatsu didn't die from that shot put ball," Rantaro stated.

"Well, anyway...What were you about to say earlier, Amami?" Kaede asked, wanting to change the subject.

"...We can talk about it more later."

"We can continue to talk about it, just in a different area. The person who set that shot put ball could still be watching," I added.

This was important. I needed to know more about that Survivor Perk from Rantaro himself. He could potentially give me more information about it then what I already have gathered last time.

I'm glad to know that I'm at least making progress since this isn't what happened before.

In the end, we decided to go to Rantaro's dorm since the person who planted the shot put ball wouldn't be able to follow us, at least without getting caught.

"We should be safe here," Rantaro remarked as he closed the door to his room.

"Okay, so where was I...? Ah, I remember! I didn't tell anyone about this because I didn't know if I could trust anyone else with this information. I guess you could say I was suspicious of everyone and everything...Well, not anymore at least!"