Chapter 18: Is It Too Late?

Maki Harukawa's P.O.V

Some time had passed, and we had two hours until the time limit would be up. Himiko and I were getting really nervous about this idea even working. I hope this amateur of a detective knows what he's doing.

Himiko and I weren't exactly in front of the girls' restroom as it would be very suspicious otherwise. We were making small conversation when I noticed Tsumugi walking towards the restroom. I silently alerted Himiko of this, and she nodded.

She quickly walked away to not drive suspicion as I followed her into the restroom myself. I had a feeling that if I entered the restroom as well, Tsumugi wouldn't be able to go through the hidden door without getting caught. As I entered the bathroom, I noticed Tsumugi enter a normal stall. I went into another stall and waited. I needed to keep a close eye on her.

Eventually, I heard Tsumugi exit the restroom. I quickly ran out of the stall and into the hallway to catch Tsumugi, but she was nowhere to be seen.

FUCK.

Where did she go?! I can't allow this to happen again. I can't let Kaito or anyone else die like this all over again. I-I'll just try looking for her.

Himiko, please tell them in time...

.

.

.

Himiko Yumeno's P.O.V

As soon as Maki alerted me about Tsumugi, I went to tell Shuichi as quickly as I could. It was draining a lot of my mana, but I had to keep going. As I ran, my breathing became faster. I was getting really tired of all this, but I had to hurry. I needed to keep going!

I was getting closer to the classroom when I suddenly fell downwards. Once I hit the ground, I felt pain in my left ankle. Did I sprain it?

Shoot!

What do I do!? I don't have enough MP to cast a healing spell, and I don't have enough time to cast a calling spell. I tried picking myself up, but it was no use. I yelped out in pain. It only hurt more, and I couldn't keep moving without the pain distracting me. As I panicked, I heard a familiar voice call out my name.

"Yumeno? Are you okay?!" Tenko Chabashira, my friend,  called out.

She carefully stood me up and let me lean into her.

"What happened?"

"I think I sprained my ankle...and I can't fix it up with my magic," I explained.

After that, I tuned the world out. What was I going to do!? I need to go to Shuichi, but I can't tell Tenko about it. I don't hate her, but she might cause problems if I say anything about the plan in question. I want to be able to help save Angie, Tenko, and everyone else, but I can't with this sprained ankle.

When I came back to reality, I was in the dining hall with Kirumi, Tenko, and Gonta, who was checking to see if I was okay.

I spaced out once again.

Wait, if I can remember correctly, Kokichi was in sight. He must have seen or at least heard me! Since he knows about the whole situation and stuff, he could have thought that Maki and I saw Tsumugi. He could go inform Shuichi!