Chapter 16: Shuichi's Plan

Shuichi Saihara's P.O.V

Two days left. Two days until we all die, or two days until we save everyone. It was nerve-racking. I didn't know if this would work, but I had to give it my best shot. I woke up earlier than the announcement since I couldn't sleep. I had managed to come up with a plan, but I didn't think it was a stable one. The plan went something along the lines of this:

There are five people I want to include in the plan.

Himiko and Maki- They have the same knowledge about who the mastermind is and similar things like me, so it's obvious that I would include them.

Rantaro and Kaede- They want to find out who the mastermind is, plus, I need to keep a close eye on them, and this is the best way to do so.

Kaito- He is a close friend of mine and he has a good amount of strength and charisma. Well, more charisma than strength. He could help with convincing people and whatnot, and he would be helpful with the plan I have in mind.

Given the two-day time limit, I already accomplished most things ahead of time.

- Setting up the cameras.
- Getting information from Rantaro about the perk.
- Discovering the hidden door and passageway.

This would be the outline of the plan:

Maki and Himiko will be watching the girl's restroom to see if Tsumugi will come by. If they do come across her, Himiko will try and run to alert me as soon as possible while Maki stalls.

Rantaro will be watching the basement floor along with Kaito. I will do this so Rantaro won't be alone and Kaito could watch him. This could be risky, but I doubt Kaito would leave Rantaro by himself.

Lastly, Kaede and I will be waiting in the classroom next to the stairs to the basement like last time. I want to make sure she doesn't try doing that again. Also, since Himiko and Maki will be watching the girl's restroom, Tsumugi might notice that and go through the hidden door instead. We could stop Tsumugi in her tracks and question her, making her seem very suspicious to Kaede.

Something that is bothering me about this plan is that there isn't anyone who could distract everyone else not associated with the plan to not intervene. I'll figure this out later.

As I finished up writing all this down, the morning announcement played once again. I folded the piece of paper and carefully placed it in my pocket as I headed out of my dorm room. I would use the piece of paper as a reference for the plan in case if I forgot.

As expected, I met up with Kaede and went to the dining hall. It was a bit more quiet than usual, but I could understand why. You, along with many others, potentially dying in two days is not something to be taken lightly after all.

"So, Saihara...do you have any ideas on how to expose the mastermind yet? Er well, a plan?" Kaede whispered to me softly as we took a seat.

"I do, but it will involve a few people. I was thinking that maybe we should just group everyone that I want to be involved in this plan. I want to tell you all at once so that we don't waste too much time." I continued. "After breakfast, I want to gather everyone up at the library. If it's fine with you, could you help me?"

Kaede nodded and I told her the list of people included. She softly repeated the names to memorize them as she got up to clean her plate.

Once she came back, we headed out of the dining hall to gather everyone. I managed to find Kaito and Maki while Kaede found Himiko and Rantaro. We all headed to the library, and from there I explained the plan to everyone.

Rantaro then decided that it would help with the plan if everyone knew about the survivor perk, so he briefly told Himiko, Maki, and Kaito about it. Everyone was caught up with the information, and we were prepared for tomorrow. As people went out of the library, Maki and Himiko stayed behind.

"This is a bit different from what happened last time," Maki commented.

I nodded. "I just hope I can get this to work. No one deserved to die, and I need to make sure history doesn't repeat itself."

Himiko was the next one to say something. "When are we going to tell the others? It's a pain to hide this from everyone, and I'm getting tired of it." On cue, Himiko yawned shortly after.

I think that it would be better to wait until we caught and executed Tsumugi before telling everyone else about it. I don't want to freak everyone out as it could cause chaos otherwise. I expressed my thoughts to the girls and they agreed with my way of thinking. We left the library shortly afterward.

As I walked out, I noticed Kaede walking out of the game room. I didn't pay much attention since she was probably just entertaining herself. I headed upstairs without looking back.

I arrived at my room and kept to myself for most of the day. Occasionally, Kaede would stop by and we would chat for a bit, which was nice. Otherwise, nothing notable happened.

The nighttime announcement came on once again, and I started to get ready for bed. Tomorrow is the day where we would be shown if our efforts on changing the future were enough. With that thought drifting in my mind, I fell asleep.