Special Chapter : Dancing in the Rain (1k reads special!)

Sorry, I had technical difficulties trying to upload this, so sorry about the false notification for those who got it!

What. The. HECK.

We got 1k reads!? I can't believe it! Thank you all so much! As most of you know, I promised a special for when we hit 1k, so here you go! By the way, this isn't really connected with the story currently, but you could say it did happen later on or something. Honestly, It's just something cute I wanted to write for you all.

Btw, this idea came from my headcanons book, so if you read it you know where this is coming from.

Shuichi Saihara's P.O.V

I woke up and got ready like any other day. I went to Kaede's dorm and greeted her there.

"Good morning Saihara!"

"Good morning Akamatsu."

She seemed a bit more excited than usual. I wonder why...

We got breakfast and meet everyone. Surprisingly, everyone seemed to be in a good mood. Miu nor Kokichi threw insults at each other and there were a lot of laughs. Kaede and I finished up our breakfast and went out of the dining hall.

We went outside to see the sky cloudy. Huh? That's odd. Why would it be raining in here? I thought it couldn't rain in this 'cage'.

"Saihara, do you like rainy days?" Kaede looked at me, waiting for an answer.

"...hmm, I do like them. It can be peaceful to listen to the rain while drinking tea and reading a book-, Ah sorry! I'm talking too much aren't I..."

"No, you aren't! I would argue that you barely ever talk about what you like! I want to know more about you Shu-Saihara!" Kaede argued.

Did she almost call me by my first name? Ah, it's probably nothing and I'm just overthinking it as always.

"You know what, today's going to be all about us getting to know each other better!" she exclaimed with excitement. I smiled at her and nodded.

We walked around the school talking about things that came to mind. We talked about our favorite composers to favorite novels. It was really easy to talk to Kaede about almost anything.

"...and that's why Your Lie in April is great!" Kaede clasped her hands together soon after finishing the statement.

I felt a drop of water hit my head. Several more drops followed.

"I think it's starting to rain. Let's go back inside," I suggested.

Kaede nodded and we rushed to the school's doors. Kaede tried turning the doorknobs, but it didn't budge.

"Did they lock us out?! ...Well, let's go to the dorms instead!"

We ran to the dorms only to see that they were locked as well.