Part 8

"Wow, I've never seen something like this before

"Wow, I've never seen something like this before." Yuri exclaimed in awe as she watched her best friend and munched on a potato chip.

"Like what?"

"Look at yourself! Have you seen anyone ever study so hard?" She pointed an accusing finger towards the other girl and the other in return gave her a look full of resignation.

"I need to get this done by tomorrow." Haeun sighed and rubbed her temple, trying to keep herself awake.

"But why? Aren't you the boss? You can do whatever you want." Yuri furrowed her eyebrows and laid back onto the couch. Her best friend pursed her lips together into a thin line before turning her gaze back down.

"Because I WANT to do this." She mumbled out, beginning to take note of another helpful tactic that Hendery showed her, changing it up slightly to fit her team.

"Sure, sure. Anyways." Yuri pulled her legs up onto the coffee table, crossing them and smirked. "Out of those cute guys, which one's your boyfriend?" She asked slyly.

Haeun's head shot up and something blocked her airways at the sudden action and the girl began violently coughing in order to be able to take a breath. Her best friend immediately got alerted and stood up, about to walk up to her, but the girl just shook her hand as she finally managed to inhale properly.

"I'm okay." She assured in between breaths and Yuri sat back down, the slight adrenaline left over. "And none of them. They're just classmates and part of my team." Haeun explained shortly, blinked a few times then looked back down towards her papers.

Yuri did not buy it though as she scanned her best friends expression with an even wider smirk. "Oh, so you like one of them?"

"No! I'm their boss, that wouldn't make sense." The other girl shook her head at just the thought alone, but bit her inner cheek, falling into her own imagination. But she quickly snapped out of it and looked towards Yuri, narrowing her eyes at her. "If you're here to distract me you might as well leave."

"Haeunnieee~ this is literally my only free day and you're not even hanging out with me properly." The girl whines loudly and put the bag of potato chips down beside her on the couch. "You literally just came back to Seoul and didn't even come see me before diving into this gang shit." 

The girl sat at the desk inhaled deeply, closing her eyes, her thoughts travelling back to the night when she overheard Taeyong and Johnny's conversation. Her fists unwillingly cluctched at the memory.

"She literally just arrived to Seoul. It hasn't even been a week. She just met her team. This is way too much pressure, especially for a 17 year old girl." 

Haeun ushered those words to the back of her mind, making her burn with passion and determination. She then looked Yuri dead in the eye.

"That's more of a reason as to why I need to work. I need to prove myself quickly." She stated shortly before turning back to her work. As the other girl took a deep breath to whine in protest, she was interrupted by Haeun again. "Just give me about an hour to finish this up and I'll be with you soon." The girl mumbled which made Yuri keep her mouth shut.

A silence arose and Haeun wrote out all of the important information that they still needed to gather on the White Slicers. During that process there was a shy knock at the door, making both of the girls heads turn towards it. 

"Come in!" Haeun called out approvingly and someone slid into the office, warily closing the door behind him.

"Taeyong said you needed this." Mark mumbled out quietly and upon receiving a nod from the leader, he walked up to the desk and placed it there.

"Thanks." Haeun said dryly, making the boy swallow hard, before turning around to walk away. "When are you guys moving in?" Her voice made him stop. He nervously looked backwards to see that she was looking up at him, curiousity displayed on her face.

"Oh, in 2 or 3 days." Mark couldn't help but feel comfortable. Although he was still shocked, they had known each other for so long and they had like a brother-sister relationship before... well what happened. Haeun nodded slightly and then sent him a tiny smile.

"Hurry up. It gets boring here when I'm all by myself." She breathed out. Mark stood there, dumbfounded for a few seconds before his expression softened, looking at the tired girl.

"Don't worry. We'll be here soon." He assured her with a small grin creeping up to his lips, then turned around and walked out.

" He assured her with a small grin creeping up to his lips, then turned around and walked out