Part 53

To Haeun it has all been a blur

To Haeun it has all been a blur. As she tried to get Jisung to wake up, there had been more gunshots. And then, someone tried to drag her away, but she kept screaming in refusal. But finally, Jisung's body was taken away and the girl was also taken out of the building.

She continuously thrashed, trying to escape out of the grip of whoever was holding her whilst crying. She did not want to be left here, not when Jisung was on the verge of death on a stretcher that was currently being engulfed by an ambulance.

"NO! LET ME GO!" Haeun continued, yet his grip around her stomach and arms kept her still. Although she tried to fight back, she was also reaching her limits.

The sired of the ambulance began blaring as it began speeding down the uneven road. The girl continued her efforts to escape and run after it, yet was still held back.

She only collapsed to the ground when the sound could not be heard anymore.

The boy that had been holding her until now also crouched down and she looked up at him with puffy, red eyes which kept getting filled with more and more tears.

"He... J-Jisung... he'll be alright, r-right?" Her voice was cracking as she gripped onto the sleeve of his sweater.

Donghyuck's heart shattered into a million pieces seeing her in this state. And although he desperately wanted to assure her that everything would be alright... he could only stay silent.

More sobs escaped Haeun's lips as the bundle in her throat grew even more. She could not stand the thought of Jisung being gone. She felt like that would completely break her, destroy her even more than Ryuwon's death.

"He can't." She exhaled, trying to assure herself as she looked towards the boy again. "No, Donghyuck, he can't." She continued her rant, only receiving a look of pity from him.

"I-I can't live without him." Haeun whispered, her voice getting more and more frail.

That's when Donghyuck saw it. The true affection they held for each other.

Jisung had taken the bullet for her. Something Donghyuck never expected, but sent him to the crashing realization that he was no match for the younger boy.

The 2 were already deeply in love.

And that made Donghyuck stir slightly, watching Haeun as she began breaking down even more. It felt as if a part of his soul was being brutally torn away from him.

But instead of thinking about his own selfish desires, he carefully wrapped an around her shoulder and placed her head on his chest. Haeun also gripped onto the boy, beginning to sob even harder into the fabric of his hoodie.

"Mr.Lee..." The doctor's eyebrows furrowed, obviously in worry. "Things aren't looking too great. The patient has lost too much blood. He may not make it out of the surgery room."

Taeyong's heart clenched at the news, all of his hopes beginning to crash down. He just faintly nodded his head, giving the que to the doctor who then walked away.

The surgery had been in process for over 2 hours now. The bullet had pierced through an important artery in Jisung's back and although it did not hit anything vital, this could still be lethal.

Except for the second in command, all of the dreamies were also scattered around the corridor, all completely silent as they overheard the news. Jaehyun and Sicheng had gone to the police station to give false statements in order to save their assess. Meanwhile, Yuta and Doyoung had brought back Chuwol to one of their smaller bases.

Taeyong exhaled sharply and his eyes fell to his younger sister. She was curled up against the wall, her arms around her legs and face buried in her knees. Her legs and palms were soaked in Jisung's now dry blood which she had not bothered to clean off. No, she refused to.

"Haeun-ah..." The elder boy crouched down beside her. She did not look up at him, her sniffling the only indication that she was still alive. "Listen to me, princess. Everything's going to be alright."

Haeun looked up, a look of resignation evident on her face. "No it's not. Didn't you hear what the doctor said?"

Taeyong bit his lip. More tears began streaming down the girl's cheeks.

"He jumped in front of me." Haeun choked up on her words. "He... he saved me. I should be in there instead of him." More sobs began escaping her lips. The boys which were scattered around all looked away, beginning to tear up themselves.

As Taeyong was about to begin comforting her, they all heard a click and upon turning around, they saw that the 'surgery in place' light was off. It had ended.

Everyone scrambled to their feet and watched as a surgeon left through the sliding glass doors. His blue gloves were covered with fresh and old blood and despite his mask, all of them could see his devastated eyes.

"I'm sorry for your loss."