Part 46

Bold letters = mandarin

Haeun sneaked behind the bushes carefully, intentely listening to her surroundings

Haeun sneaked behind the bushes carefully, intentely listening to her surroundings. The only thing that greeted her was the beautiful sounds of nature: birds chirping, leaves rustling, the distant sound of battle cries.

Wait.

That ain't nature.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

"YOU POINTED AT ME FIRST!"

"I WAS JOKING, AND YOU ACTUALLY FREAKING SHOT ME?!?!"

"WE'RE ON DIFFERENT TEAMS, DO YOU EXPECT ME TO NOT PANIC WHEN YOU POINT AT ME?"

"YEAH BUT MY TEAM ABANDONED ME AND I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS. BUT I HAVE SEEN YOUR TRUE SIDE, HENDERY."

"NO, YANGYANG!"

Haeun almost laughed out loud. Although she understood maybe 50% of the words, she could figure out the extremely melodramatic intent of the conversation.

And as she listened in for any news on the argument, she felt something cold being put against the back of her head.

"I got you."

The familiar voice made the girl sigh in relief as she had actually panicked slightly at the initial feeling. She turned around while still crouching down and looked up to see Jisung with his paintball gun pointed straight at her forehead.

Haeun frowned. "Come on, I was distracted."

The boy shrugged. "Don't care."

"Can't we at least have a fair duel? I'm the only one left from my team." She whined. Jisung raised an eyebrow.

"Since when were Jeno and Jaemin eliminated?"

"We were stalking another team and the 2 got into an argument. Before we knew it, we were attacked from the back but I managed to escape." Haeun rolled her eyes.

"Honestly, sounds quite typical of them." The boy nodded along. He then put down his gun and extended a hand. "Yeah, sure. I'll win anyways."

Haeun took it gladly and he easily pulled the girl back on her feet.

The paintball game had been simple: there were 7 teams of 3 since Donghyuck couldn't participate. The goal was to survive the longest out of anyone and there was also a boost in points for whoever eliminated the most people. Cheating was monitored through tiny cameras on the vests and the ones on the many trees of the forest.

"You may be the best at aiming, but I have worked with this for way longer than you." Haeun smirked, putting up her weapon.

The 2 stepped away from each other, creating distance before they both adjusted their aims on each other, although this time it was at a part of the body which was covered by the vests. They weren't allowed to shoot each other in the head afterall.

Jisung felt confident as he waited for a cue as to when their duel would begin. But before he could properly focus, he noticed movement coming from behind Haeun. Immediately alerted, the boy looked that way and noticed someone with a paintball gun aiming straight at her back.

Taken aback, Jisung completely forgot about the weapon in his hand that he could wisely use and instead went for the more common approach to such a situation.

"Haeun, watch out!" He lunged at her and let go of his gun half way.

His body crashed into hers, sending them both flying. Haeun also dropped her weapon, surprised by the sudden attack. Jisung's hands went around her and although he did not intend to throw himself hard enough to knock them both over, he lost his balance and the 2 fell to the forest ground with a thud.

Inconveniently, there was a hill right there and the 2 began rolling down, Haeun securely in Jisung's arms and he took a majority of the impact.

As the 2 finally stopped at the foot of the rather short hill, both panting. Haeun felt her head spinning as she took in her new surroundings.

"Are you okay?" Jisung managed to grunt out and as the girl averted her attention to him, she gasped.

She was laying on top of him, her hands on top of his chest. She could feel his heart beating under her touch. The thin vests they had on were the only barrier between their bodies, which were so close together that Haeun could feel the heat the boy radiated off on her skin. Their faces were inches apart as they stared at each other with wide eyes. Each of Jisung's breaths that fanned onto her own lips made her stomach swarm with butterflies.

The 2 were frozen into place, the intimate position they were in shocking them both.

Jisung was then taken over by instincts and his eyes shifted down to her lips. Haeun blinked a couple of times seeing his unusual demeanour and watched as he slowly leaned in and...

"Hey, you two dead or sum?" The yell made them both snap to reality and Haeun hurriedly pushed herself off of him. As they both stood up and dusted themselves off, they looked up to find Doyoung standing at the top of the hill, a judgemental look on his face.

"Don't you think that was a bit too much, Jisung? It's not like me shooting her will kill her or something. This is freaking paintball." The elder rolled his eyes and the 2 teens blushed in embarrassment.

Suddenly, the sound of 2 gunshots made them flinch and upon looking down, they found neon green dye splattered onto their black vests.

"Done, now you're both out." Doyoung put down his gun and then just simply walked away.

" Doyoung put down his gun and then just simply walked away

The next sequel should be called 'I like you' heehehe

I'm not funny

There will be no next sequel

But you can always check out my recently published book, 'Lachesism' in which the 2 will be mentioned quite often ;))