Part 43

"What are we going to do next?" Hendery asked, twirling around the pen in between his fingers

It had been one week of surprise, surprise, silence which wasn't too concerning but it felt rather... off. It seemed like Chuwol was actually planning something more grand for his next attack as NCT couldn't trace him anywhere at all.

"I think we need to find and attack as soon as possible. He is weak right now and shorter of men than ever." Johnny frowned, looking towards the young leader.

"That's not a bad idea. But the issue is that we have no idea where he is or could be." Haeun sighed, looking out of the big window.

"We've ran into a blind spot." Taeyong tapped his fingers onto the table in an unsettling manner.

"But I think this could be laid off. We can still be searching, of course, but we need to hold the next evaluation." Johnny took out a document and passed it to Haeun.

"Is it that important?" She eyed him, taking the folder into hand and beginning to skim through it.

"Yes. It is supposed to be on gunmanship. That's something we must check." 

The young leader sighed before shutting the document. The entire table watched her intensely. She was the one with the final decision afterall. 

"Let's get Renjun and someone else to track activity in Seoul in an attempt to find Chuwol, but not urgently. Then we'll hold the evaluation as soon as possible so we can then get back on track." Haeun got up from her chair, followed by the rest of the members at the table. "Great work today, everyone should go rest now."

There was a wave of mumbles like 'thank you' 'you too' but the girl was quick to leave. The entire Chuwol situation frankly got on her nerves but that was to be expected. Being a gang leader wasn't going to be peaceful whatsoever.

As she strolled through the hallways and towards her room, she almost bumped into someone as they rounded the corner. Haeun stopped quickly enough and looked up.

"Oh, hi."  The girl smiled warmly. Donghyuck was relieved to see that she was being herself.

"Hey... How are you feeling?" He asked warily, iris flickering slightly. Haeun tilted her head confused.

"I'm okay... but why?" 

"In the warehouse..." Donghyuck bit his lip before taking a shaky breath and speaking again. "You killed someone." 

There was silence as Haeun fought with the shocked expression that was fighting to appear on her face. She did not remember the events from the warehouse whatsoever and no one even told her that there was violence involved. She just thought she had been kidnapped and then saved without any issues.

The girl blinked and looked away from his worried face. "U-uhm..."

"It's fine. You must feel terrible." Donghyuck watched her with pity in his eyes. He had also killed somebody before and it wasn't too pleasant.

Haeun felt like someone was choking her. She couldn't take a proper breath and in fear of what could happen next, she peered up with the best fake smile she could manage. "I'm alright. I need to go now thought, goodnight." And then without hearing his response, she scurried down the hallway. 

Donghyuck stared at her back longingly until she turned the hallway. He felt his heart clenching slightly seeing as their interactions were just basic. They were nothing more than colleagues or school mates.

And while the boy sighed, his mind plagued by that specifc point while Haeun was freaking down. As she managed to run into her suite, she slammed the door before her legs gave out and she crumbled to the floor. She covered her mouth with both hands in an attempts to usher the sobs that began escaping her lips.

She had killed someone. It was her but not her at the same time. But it had been her body, her hand that pulled the triger or swung the knife or whatnot.

Haeun's whole body clenched as tears began streaming down her face.

She had failed her promise with Ryuwon completely. 

You killed someone.

...

Why aren't you denying it?! Say that you didn't do it, please!

I-

...

I'm sorry.

How can you do this?! We can't kill, I already told you that hundreds of thousants of times!

Donghyuck was in danger. If I didn't shoot, he maybe wouldn't be alive.

Do you think I was properly aiming whilst shooting that shot? If I did, I would've hit his arm or something. 

But...

I made a promise.

I know.

But remember, that wasn't you, that was me.

Haeun fought the urge to scream as she ran her fingers through her hair, almost tearing it off of her scalp. She couldn't help but feel guilty, even if it had saved someone else's life, it still ended one.

You need to get a grip.

You're in a gang, Haeun.

You fought so much to establish yourself as the leader,

yet you can't even kill someone?

Don't make your efforts go to waste, seriously.

The girl was on the verge of screaming. The thing she despised most was that the voice was right. Haeun had always scared away and avoided killing at all costs. But if she wanted to be a proper leader, she would've had to do it sooner or later.

It must be funny. A gang leader that doesn't kill.

But that's exactly what Haeun wished to be.

I'm in online French rn, please someone save me

Some facts about me (I'm sorry, I'm bored) :

- I'm 15

- I'm Half polish half spanish

-My ults are actually stray kids but I just can't write fanfics about them like srsly

-Jisung is my nct bias while Donghyuck is my bias wrecker :))