Part 40

Donghyuck stared at the electric watch beside his hospital bed

Donghyuck stared at the electric watch beside his hospital bed. He wasn't in pain anymore due to the exessive amount of painkillers he had taken, but something still bothered him. 

"I'm already dead so I don't care."

That's what Haeun had said while the 2 were hiding. Donghyuck didn't know why he thought so much about it, it was most likely just a joke or a random answer since she should've been panicking. But at the time, she was more reckless than ever and generally did not seem like herself. How heartlessly she had shot that man to his death.

Suddenly the boy hissed as the lights were turned on. He closed his eyes and then heard footsteps coming closer. Upon looking up he saw Naeun peering down at him.

"What are you doing here?" He hissed in a raspy voice as he glanced towards the electric watch. "It's 1 am!" 

"Yeah, but I guessed you wouldn't be asleep." Naeun shrugged, taking off her backpack and sitting down on a chair beside the bed. With a slight struggle, Donghyuck sat up, his back resting against the bed frame.

"Did you go see Haeun?"

The girl shook her head. "I didn't want to bother her sleep."

"But you bothered mine." Donghyuck muttered annoyed.

"You weren't even sleeping so stop whining you man child." 

The boy poked his tongue into his cheek in annoyance, but slouched back knowing that he didn't have the energy to fight with her.

"Besides, you seem to have been worse. Look at you fully in band aids." Naeun judged.

"Shut up, just because I went to a PC room with you once doesn't mean we're friends." He closed his eyes, feeling that he would have a headache unless he had taken those painkillers. 

"What happened anyways? Taeyong was too pissed to tell me."

"We raided some location, found that they were trafficking drugs and young girls into the sex market. The operation got complicated and Haeun ordered to call the police but before we could escape we were kidnapped by some of their gang members. I don't know how long we were out, but enough for the gang to find us."

Naeun rubbed a finger against her temple. "Did anyone get Chuwol?"

Donghyuck shook his head annoyed making the girl sighed.

"I swear to god he's like a little rat."

There was a silence and Naeun began shuffling through her bag. "Here, you said you like these."

She put down some of Donghyuck's favourite sweets onto the cover next to him. He looked down and a fade smile appeared on his face. "How did you remember that?"

The girl shrugged. "You said that at some point."

Donghyuck ripped one of the wrappers open, putting the square sugary cube in his mouth and he hummed in approval as he began tasting it. Unwillingly, Naeun smiled.

Taeil carefully knocked on the bedroom door, but there was no response. He had guessed that Haeun still wouldn't be awake in the early morning. The doctor tried his luck anyways as he pushed down the door handle and went in, only to freeze upon the sight.

Golden yellow light streamed in through the 2 giant windows, illuminating the room. But what caught Taeil's attention was the bed. It was really messy, food wrappers and board games out on the bed sheets and on the floor surrounding them. In the center of the bed laid 2 figures, both snoring soundily.

Jisung had his arms wrapped around the young girls waist, his head resting on top of hers. Haeun's face was snuggled into his chest, one leg thrown on top of his. Her arms encircled his waist tightly. Their proximity flustered even Taeil who just stood there shocked while watching the scene. 

But quickly, the elder decided to extremely quietly shut the door, a vague smile falling onto his face. Just as he was about to carefully exit the suite, Taeyong loudly entered through the main door. His tired eyes immediately fell to Taeil who froze in his step. The leader decided to ignore the older boy and strolled towards the bedroom door, but his wrist was quickly caught by the doctor.

"N-no! Don't, she's sleeping." Taeil exclaimed hurriedly, his eyes anxiously glancing between the door and Taeyong. He definitely did not want a second patient in a danger state down at the infermary.

Taeyong raised his eyebrows. "So what? Can I not go see her?"

"She should rest. I'll check up on her later and I'll inform you if she wakes up."

The leader thoughts about it for a few minutes and Taeil was scared that he wouldn't listen, but then Taeyong sighed.

"Fine. Let's go for breakfast then. Heard Doyoung is doing traditional today." 

And then the 2 quietly made their way out.

It didn't take long for Jisung to take a deep breath as he began gaining consciousness. He scrunched up his nose, feeling something tickling his jawline. 

"What the heck..." He muttered quietly, trying to raise his hand to take whatever that was away but then realized where it was resting. Surprised, his eyes shot up and upon looking down he was met with black silky hair. As he regained his senses, he realized that his hands were around Haeun, her head on his chest and her own limbs were around his body. 

Jisung swallowed, immediate heat rising up to his entire body. Clenching his jaw, the boy very slowly untangled his hands from around her waist and tried to take her off. He then froze upon hearing her mumble something under her breath and she squeezed tighter, taking all of Jisung's breath out of his lungs. The boy's beating heart could be heard throughout the entire room and he wa surprised that it did not wake up Haeun who was still sleeping peacefully. 

Jisung then tried again and successfully untangled himself. He desperately wanted to stay in her embrace but his consciousness screamed out the sentence through his entire friends.

You're just friends.

That's what made the boy then hurriedly leave the room. 

Okay a bit better but Jisung do be blind tho