Just before the platform closed Rex heard a faint cry of pain as Ahsoka realized what had happened. His heart felt like it was torn in two, and he tried to push the empty, hollow feel down. He heard her cry his name, making him feel even worse. He was relieved that he was taken instead of her. He never wanted any harm to come to Ahsoka. Not now, not ever.

"Did you hear something?" Dogma asked a trooper.

Rex held his breath as the clone slowly shook his head. He let out a small sigh of relief and stared at the ground. He had no idea where they were taking him. Nor what would happen to him when he got there. All he knew was that Ahsoka was safe for now. That's all that mattered.

"Why'd you do it Rex?" Dogma barked, "Why did you betray your brothers?"

Rex lunged at Dogma but the clones had a tight grip on him. They yanked him backwards and pressed a blaster to his head, threateningly.

"I didn't betray anyone!" he snarled.

"Then why did you help Tano?" Dogma asked, "Huh?"

Dogma grabbed Rex's face and forced him to look him in the eye. Rex wanted to tear him to shreds. If he could Dogma would be on the ground whimpering in pain at the moment.

"She showed me what we were programmed to do was wrong!" Rex yelled, "Order 66 was the empire's idea. Look at where it has brought us!" "To death and destruction!"

"It has brought us closer to peace!" Dogma growled, "You wouldn't understand"

"Your right!" Rex shouted, "I don't understand how killing innocent Jedi is going to bring peace"

"They are not innocent!" Dogma cried, "They have betrayed the republic! They are treasonous!"

"You are the real ones committing treason!" Rex yelled, glaring at Dogma.

Dogma roared in anger. He brought a hand up and backhanded Rex across the face. Rex felt an eruption of stinging pain and gritted his teeth. He wondered how one single program in the clones could tear a galaxy apart. By turning the Republic's army against them, the war was coming to an end. Only not in the way Rex had hoped.

"Watch your mouth" Dogma snarled, waving a finger in Rex's face.

Ahsoka crumbled to her knees and let out a pitiful cry. She put her face in her hands and sobbed. It was all her fault. How could she let them just take him? Was she ever going to see him again? If only she just stayed at the ship. Then they could have escaped before they were captured. Ahsoka wanted to believe that. But she knew the truth. If she would have stayed they both would have been captured and killed, executed.

"Rex..." she blubbered, "No..."

Ahsoka broke down the wind whipping her face, and playing with her lekku. All she could think about was the last look Rex gave her before he was taken. When she went into the storm. One of heartbreak, and worry. She licked her lips, tasting the salty tears. They were going to kill him. But Ahsoka knew they would keep him alive until they found her. After all, he was the only one that knew where she was. Ahsoka clasped a hand around her mouth and bawled softly. She knew he wouldn't tell them where she was. Not even if they beat him. That's what worried her.

They probably had tons of gadgets and items they would use on him. To make him feel pain, to torture him. Ahsoka couldn't stand the thought of him being in harm's way. She clenched her jaw and bit her lip, eventually tasting blood. Why couldn't she just get away from everything! Away from the war. Away from pain. Away from the terrible things yet to come.

Ahsoka helped herself to her feet and stared at the sky. She wished that the ship would magically return and Rex would hop off it and into her arms. She hoped she was only dreaming and when she woke up Rex would be next to her unharmed. Ahsoka squeezed her eyes shut, tears flowing freely.