34

Rex flew the ship forward, entering the planet's atmosphere. He let out a light sigh, relieved to finally find somewhat of a break from everything. The soft haze tinted Rex's view, letting him only see a couple miles in front of the ship. The strange plants relaxed Rex in an odd way. He was so used to this planet since he had been on many missions here. With his brothers. His lost brothers that were now forced to serve an empire. He missed them so much it physically hurt in his chest. He shook the dangerous thoughts out of his head and tried to focus back on landing the ship.

He whirled around upon hearing footsteps gradually getting closer. He immediately relaxed when he saw Ahsoka enter with a warm smile on her face. She walked up behind him, only stopping to wrap her arms around his torso.

"Hey Rexter" she murmured, burying her face into his back.

Rex's whole body was overcome by a wave of heat. His cheeks were dusted with a soft pink and he leaned into the togruta's touch. He hummed in response, rubbing her arms in a calming manner. She slowly pulled away and sat in the other seat beside him. Rex then drew his attention back to the ship and landed it with ease.

"Felucia huh?" Ahsoka thought out loud.

"Yeah" Rex replied, "I didn't know where else to go"

Ahsoka smirked, "I think you made the right choice"

Rex grinned, leaning over and planting a small kiss on her cheek. Ahsoka's whole face lit up and she delicately touched the side of her cheek. Rex sat up from his chair and headed towards the landing pad, closely followed by Ahsoka.

He opened it and was immediately met with a soft breeze that sent goosebumps down his spine. But it wasn't like the ones you felt in a scary situation, more of a content, happy, at peace feeling. The feeling you get when everything in the world seems to stand still. Rex just sat there, admiring the glow that hung around the flora of the planet. Calls of birds and other animals filled Rex's ears, everything was so familiar but new at the same time.

He had never been able to just sit back and look at this planet, he'd always been fighting off droids and trying to help his brothers in battle. But now that he really saw it for himself, it was gorgeous. Just like the girl standing next to him. He looked over and was met with those astounding blue eyes. His breath hitched in his throat and a strangled sound left his lips.

Ahsoka burst out laughing while Rex stood there, embarrassed about the whole situation. Ahsoka scooted closer to him, she wanted to feel his touch again. For her, it was like a drug, she couldn't get enough of it, she needed it. Just his skin being on her made her feel like lightning in a bottle. The electricity sparked in her veins, filling her with an indescribable feeling.

"Let's take a look around" Ahsoka muttered.

~~~~

Ahsoka was exhausted. The entire day had been filled with gathering materials, finding food and water, and making a shelter to stay in for awhile. She knew they couldn't stay here forever, but for now this would do. Their shelter was a small shack made out of the wood from the trees that surrounded them. Rex had also spotted a nearby town and claimed that they would explore it tomorrow.

When Ahsoka was finished setting the rest of the wood in a pile, she plopped onto the makeshift bed in the hut. They had found some blankets and soft materials on the ship, which they used for the bed. It wasn't the most comfortable, but Ahsoka planned to find something better in town.

She balled the fabric in her hand and felt sleep come upon her. She was tired, but resisted the temptation. Rex burst in suddenly, scrambling over to her like a child.