28

Rex and Ahsoka were awakened by the sound of pounding against the cell bars. Before Rex could react, he was being pulled off of Ahsoka and out of the cell. He felt as the pirates secured his upper armour against his bare chest, leaving his helmet in a nearby Weequay's grasp. Rex nor Ahsoka resisted, as they were too tired and still out of it. Ahsoka could barely stand, all her strength from last night gone.

"Rise and shine" Hondo purred, getting in Rex's face.

Everything came flooding back and Rex's eyes shot open. The binders were back on their wrists and they were now starting down a long corridor. On either side of the group, prisoners groaned and cried out. Some would stretch out a weak hand, just for it to be batted away by a guard. Ahsoka slurred some nonsense before groaning and stumbling over her own feet.

"Keep moving" a pirate growled, shoving her forward.

She winced and picked up her pace a bit. Rex tried to get as close to her as he could, but the pirates made sure there was enough distance between them. As they grew closer to their destination, Rex could faintly hear the roar of spectators. He felt his heart rise up into his throat and tried desperately not to show his fear. The cries of the crowd got louder until the sound was making his ears throb. They came upon a large metal door. Hondo pressed a red button and the door slid to the side, revealing a massive arena.

As soon as everyone saw Hondo, they erupted with cheers and shouts. Hondo threw his arms up in the air and the roaring only got louder. He looked like their pirate king, everyone screaming his name. He strolled up to his throne and sat, crossing his legs and leaning back. His pet Monkey-liazrd hoped on his shoulder and screeched. While Rex was led to the center of the arena, Ahsoka was pulled over by Hondo. Rex had to watch, as she was shoved into a metal cage like an animal. He struggled against the large pirates holding him, as Hondo slammed the cage shut and everyone snickered.

Then Hondo raised a hand in the air and a hush fell over the crowd. He gave one last look of satisfaction before taking a breath.

"My friends! Do I have a show for you!" He cried, craving the attention he was getting, "We have some special guests here today! Captain Rex, a clone of the fallen Jedi order!"

The spectators started booing, spitting, and throwing whatever they had at him. Rex had to dodge several daggers and an assortment of other items that were being thrown right at his head.

"We also have Jedi Ahsoka Tano!" Hondo yelled, pointing to the cage.

This time the crowd only laughed, still throwing things at her. Rex could barely make out her small form, huddled in a corner. He felt his heart ache for her, suddenly enraged by the whole situation.

"Alright Hondo! You've had your fun! Now tell me what I have to do!" Rex cried, thrashing in the arms of the pirates holding him.

Hondo laughed, "So impatient. For your first task you must release all of my fellow pirates that have been taken away. There is a nearby Imperial prison camp where they are being held. You only have twelve hours to get them out before I turn this one over to the Empire!"

Rex's eyes widened. Twelve hours wouldn't be enough time at all. It was impossible! But what other choice did he have? He gritted his teeth before turning back to the pirate leader.

"How do I know where they are being held?" Rex spat.

Hondo hesitated, "You don't!"

The crowd laughed along with the monkey-lizard perched on Hondo's shoulder. Rex growled a number of insults under his breath before trying to figure out a plan ahead of time. How the kriff was he going to do this?