33

WARNING This chapter includes a panic attack. If you are not comfortable with this topic and do not wish to read it please skip the section that starts with WARNING STARTS and ends with WARNING ENDS

The vast sand dunes seemed to go on forever. Ahsoka felt her eyes start to grow heavy as well as her stomach growl. Her whole body ached and just the slightest movement made her hiss in pain. She tightened her grip around Rex's waist and gently lay her head on his shoulder. Rex felt this and a small smile crept onto his face, a light blush dusting his cheeks. They had done it. They had gotten away from Hondo and his dreaded crew. Ahsoka couldn't take it anymore as she closed her eyes and drifted off into a light sleep.

Rex felt as Ahsoka's breathing evened out and she grew silent. Rex could only guess that she was asleep. She needed it, so Rex didn't dare wake her. He was exhausted as well, after all, they had just escaped from a whole crew of crazy pirates. He stifled a yawn and pushed the speeder faster. They both needed medical attention. They also needed a break. Being fugitives of the Empire had its downsides.

It was midday, the sun high in the sky, beating down on their bare skin. Rex's helmet was off and under his feet for safekeeping. But all his armor was still on. He felt like he was inside an oven, burning slowly. He was practically drowning in sweat. Rex wondered how far away they were from the ship.

Finally after another half hour of the dusty wind whipping his face, only then did he see it. Rex had never been happier to see the blinding glint of a ship in his life. He guided the speeder next to the ship and parked it, quickly hopping off. But not before waking Ahsoka.

"Ahsoka" Rex whispered, "Ahsoka we're here"

"Mmm" she hummed her eyes fluttering open, "yay"

Rex chuckled. The little "yay" of hers had been sleepy and honestly cute in his opinion. He scooped her up into his strong arms and walked her onto the ship, carefully lying her on a small cot in the medical room. There was no medic on this ship, so it looked like Rex had to be the one to at least wrap her wounds.

"Thanks" she muttered, shooting him a soft smile.

Rex leaned down next to her, pressing his lips to her forehead. She giggled, her cheeks burning red and her stomach swarming with butterflies. Rex noticed this and smirked, brushing a delicate finger over her cheek.

"You stay here and rest" Rex muttered, "I'll fly us into hyperspace then I'll be back for you. Alright?"

Ahsoka nodded but winced. Rex's worried eyes scanned over her, already looking for her injuries. He could only do so much for her. When they arrived somewhere, then she could get the medical attention she needed. Rex was just here to prevent the injuries from getting worse.

Rex looked over his shoulder at his love one last time before heading to the cockpit. He closed the landing platform on his way, then sat down in the chair. He shivered, the last memories that were made here still haunted him. The chains as well as the cell Ahsoka was held in were still here. Rex pushed down his worries and focused on starting the engine.

~~~~

It wasn't long before he had gotten the ship off the planet and into hyperspace. Once Rex was sure everything was stable and they were safe, he headed back to Ahsoka. Once he arrived, he just stood in the doorway for a bit, admiring the adorable sleeping togruta in front of him. But the moment was ruined when she started twitching, her eyes squeezed shut tightly. Rex could tell something was wrong. He quickly hurried next to her and tried to wake her up.

"Ahsoka it's alright I'm here" he soothed.

Her eyes shot open.

WARNING STARTS

They were here. Everywhere she looked they were here. They were coming to get her again. No. Not again. Not that familiar pain that scorched her skin and burned in her heart. She felt the panic take over her like water burning out a single flame. She squeezed into a little ball, burying her face into her knees. Then the tears came, and she let them. She looked up briefly and thought about the Trandoshans. The fear took over her. The nightmare had turned into reality.

"No!" she cried.

But her voice cracked and was muffled. It sounded so pathetic, she was pathetic.

"Please just leave us alone!" she screamed, hot tears falling down her cheeks.

Then the pain came. Starting at her feet and rising all the way up until it was a splitting headache. She clutched her head, pushing her face back into her knees. When would this end?

She was helpless. Just like when she was in the cage when Rex was risking his life for her. She always thought she had been strong but the reality of her cowardliness started to seep through the lies. She cried out, her ears ringing with sounds of screams. Rex's screams. Her fault. It was all her fault. If only she had been stronger. Maybe she could have prevented this. If only. If only. If o-

Then a voice cut through the silence that was so loud. She looked up but her vision was terribly blurry from her tears. Who- was that Rex?

WARNING ENDS

"Rex" she croaked.

He looked very worried but he handled it well, staying calm. He knew what was happening and how he could help it. Afterall, these things used to happen to his brothers from time to time.

"Shhh" he whispered, "I'm here"

He pulled her into a comforting hug, and Ahsoka sobbed into his chest. Rex could only imagine how she was feeling right now. So he just stroked her lekku and kept repeating the words "I'm here, you're alright" It took her awhile but she calmed down, her cries getting softer and softer until she had stopped completely.

Rex was here. The pirates weren't. Neither were the Trandoshans. She was ok, and so was he. They both were. But she still couldn't get one thing out of her head.

"My fault" she muttered, "I should have been stronger it was-"

Rex cut her off, "Ahsoka don't ever think that any of this is your fault"

"But it was!" she cried, "If only I had been stronger then maybe I could have helped you and we would have..."

Rex sighed, "You are very strong Ahsoka. This wasn't your fault. Please don't think that. It was the pirates, they were the ones who captured us. You wouldn't have been able to help me because they would've killed you!"

"Rex-" she started.

"No I promise you. It's all over now, we got away, we survived" Rex soothed, "I'm here and I'm not letting anything like that happen again"

Ahsoka took deep shaky breaths, hugging Rex and feeling the warmth radiate off of him onto her own skin.

"I'll protect you" he whispered.

Ahsoka calmed down, and Rex slowly started to tend to her wounds. He cleaned them out and wrapped every scratch on her body. He tended to every cut, no matter how small it might have looked. The he laid down next to her on the cot, wrapping his arms around her torso. Ahsoka leaned into his touch, finally feeling safe again. She closed her eyes and then fell asleep. Again. Rex tried to stay awake but welcomed sleep with open arms as soon as he felt it come upon him.

~~~~

A sudden, loud, beeping noise woke Rex with a start. He carefully slipped away from Ahsoka and sleepily headed to the cockpit. They were out of hyperspace. Rex forgot where he had sent the ship until the familiar planet came into view.

Rex hoped this planet was far enough away from any bounty hunters or imperial scouts. If so it would be the perfect place to rest and just take a break from everything. That's what he wanted right now.

After all the torture, pain, fights, escapes, and near death experiences. They were finally getting a break. Rex flew the ship forward and entered the atmosphere of Felucia. 

Hey guys! How've you all been?? Sooo the break you've all been asking for is FINALLY in motion! Yayayayayay Also sorry for the whole panic attack bit. I've been reading a book that has them in it and you know how I love drama and peril and all that.. Anyway! Here is your question! Clovis or Lux??? Hmmmm hard decision lol.