𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"seonghwa"

the raven haired looks up, offering a small smile to the newcomer.

he was currently outside. his body sitting cross-legged on the swing, eyes looking down as he twirls a single forget-me-not in between his fingers.

"san" he greets as he scoots over, giving the blonde a bit of space to sit on.

the boy smiles, taking the offer as he sits beside the general.

well...

former general.

seonghwa had decided to let go of his position, saying that he need time to sort himself out.

jiyeol's death wasnt something he nor any of the boys took well... the funeral was hard for everyone, but the seven boys had to stay strong for the raven haired.

out of all the times.

even after seonghwa's parents' death.

this was the hardest time for their friend's life.

everyone was aware of the bond the two had. it was something... unexplainable, as if their connection was unworldly to begin with.

if soulmates really did exist.

seonghwa and jiyeol were the living proof.

but with the starlight haired gone, it was like his other half was missing— forcefully taken away from him too soon as a big gaping hole was left.

the once complete pieces broken and shattered, leaving no remnant for a desire to look for another person to fill in that emptiness.

their souls were only meant to be with one another and one another only.

their hearts awaken at the presence of the other without even knowing, their destinies mending together as their lives intertwined.

the first two months were the hardest, seonghwa feeling like he was more dead than alive.

he wished he was... it was supposed to be him.

but everytime he blamed himself to why she died... jiyeol's voice would also ring in his mind, telling him in her gentle voice that it wasnt his fault.

that it wasnt his.

it wasnt.

the difference between jiyeol's death and his parents — though they all died in his arms — was that for the starlight haired, seonghwa got assurance that it wasnt his fault and it would never be his... although seonghwa wanted to blame himself fully, he couldn't because it was the starlight haired's choice to save him.