Ch 1: The Beginning {Edited}

A mother is where you start out in life. They are responsible for the outcome of your birth. Even an unborn child. Recognize their mother through their shared bond. A mother can always tell when their child is in danger. Even when their child is switched at birth.

Marinette had a mother that would care for her, watch over her, and protect her. She always did love her mother. If Marinette ever got hurt, you'll be damned if her parents never watched over her. They of course loved her as she loved them. But all things can't always stay the same thing. For a little change in life could destroy the love the three once had.

This was the case for Marinette Dupain-Cheng. She was bullied by her peers. They didn't believe in her anymore. She thought that her parents still believed in her, trust her. But her hope shattered as they too soon believed the lies that came out of the mouth of Lila.

Lila was the reason everyone around her lost their trust in her. They believed the lies that spat out of her mouth like a never-ending storybook that never ended.

As time passed, the responsibility of being the guardian of the miraculous was on her shoulders. She watched as almost everyone she trusted to have a miraculous walk away for some lies that had no truth to them.

Even as Ladybug, her partner was still her friend and foe on the battlefield. Even if it means that the two will eventually part ways. They both know the cost of showing their identities to each other. Even during their fight against Hawkmoth.

────── 〔✿〕──────

The fight raged on. Everywhere they went. Every glance was as dangerous as losing another life. But they doubt anybody was left.

Paris became a battleground. Every punch. Every kick. Counted. For if the heroes mess up even once. The world's existence shall change again and again. The world will never be safe. Even if someone in the world is fighting a battle. They hold hope they will win. And they do. But the battle never ends. For every battle. Holds a cost. And that cost affects the winner. And the winner will have to hold onto that for the rest of their lives.

Ladybug and Chat Noir fought Hawkmoth. For he now wields two Miraculous. The Moth and the Peacock.

The fight still continued. Every Parisian citizen, still alive. Can only watch as they were watching history in the making. Will this finally be the day Hawkmoth falls? Everyone wished this was true. For they were held captives within their own homes.

The fight still continued, till it stopped. Ladybug had gotten the Miraculous from him. Everyone watched as the former villain's transformation dropped. Revealing Gabriel Agreste. Half of Paris wasn't even surprised. The dude literally was cold to any and everyone that wasn't his son. While the other half didn't expect it. They were still processing the idea of Gabriel being Hawkmoth. And the dude akumatized himself for god's sake!

"Gabriel Agreste, as the Guardian of the Miracle Box. I hereby declare you unfit to ever wield a miraculous again," declared Ladybug. Gabriel began to feel a rising pain on his chest. It just grew and grew. Like he was being branded as a criminal. It eventually stopped. But then it felt like he was stabbed in the heart. The pain grew too much for Gabriel. For he passed out from the pain.

Ladybug casted her Miraculous Ladybug. Everything around them returned to the point before the battle destroyed them. Everyone that watched the battle cried their hearts out. For they were finally able to feel whole again. They finally reached the end of Hawkmoth's reign.

The next day, everyone decided that they should start a new tradition. The day Hawkmoth had finally fallen. And coincidentally today was heroes day! Now every year. On the same day. They celebrate the fall of Hawkmoth. And pay tribute to their heroes that fought for their freedom. For they made an announcement of their retirement. Most of Paris was a little reluctant to see their heroes go so soon. But Ladybug assured them. They will come out to protect them again shall a new evil arise.

A/N: Edited 11/19/2020

I significantly like this version better than the original.