Epilouge

A foggy haze hung around her as she followed closely to the bright light. She looked back only to see the faint visual of a house behind her. She kept her eyes locked on the beaming light, drawing her nearer and nearer to it. The pull took her out of the fog, leaving her in a place she recalled--the Belgian forest.

A hot breeze brushed against her skin as she trekked to the forests edge. The brightly colored poppies danced in the blowing wind. She squinted her eyes around the open field, locking them onto an old plane in the distance.

She could not make our the colors or the symbols, only the large massive shape of its wings and long body. With each wobbly step, she neared the object. Much to her surprise, the plane was fully intact. The dark-blue shiny paintwork reflected the brightness of the sun, blinding her momentarily. Within the blink of an eye she saw the detailed paintwork of the figure she recalled most- the spade.

Could it be, she thought? No, he was dead-lost in time years before.

As she neared it she could see the aviator, sitting poised in the cockpit. His goggles and cap covered his face?, making him a mystery to her.

"Sir?" Eloise called out, reaching her hand up over her eyes to shield her from the light. 

Without a word spoken, the form of the man pushed himself upward from the seat. His large stature eased from the plane and stood before her. She slowly began to back away from the figure.

As he removed his goggles, a familiar face appeared-a face that had been forgotten in time.

"Albert?" she hesitantly called out.

He nodded with a smile, unzipping his bound leather jacket. "I told you that I would wait for you."

She shook her head puzzled at the uniformed Albert who stood before her. "I must be dreaming." she stated plainly. "You are dead."

"No," He whispered in the stillness. "I am alive and so are you."

She glanced down at her wrinkled hands that turned to their smooth, youthful appearance. Her hands reached up to her snow-colored hair only to find long Brown locks upon her breast. Her eyes met Albert's piercing gaze and shook her head in confusion.

"It can't be..."

He nodded reaching out his hand toward her. "It is." he remarked. "May I have a kiss?"

The End

A/N: I can't believe we have finally made it to the end. Thanks so much for reading! This book has been a long work in progress. I want to give a special thanks to those who have stuck with me since the beginning. You all have been such an encouragement. I hope you have enjoyed this story as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

Thanks ❤️❤️
~Sarah