Chapter 85

October 13, 2018 - London, England

"Are you sure you'll be okay with him by yourself?" Karlie asked as she stood in the living room of the home she had adopted as her own in London with William, the one that used to be the Kent family's main estate prior to William inheriting it.

A Saturday night event that required William to attend with Karlie as his date led to Taylor offering to babysit because Grace was going to be going with them, hoping to make a good appearance for the family and in the media as the event was a highly publicized and televised one within the UK.

It had been quite a while since she showed up and made an effort to help William, the details of her complete withdrawal from Kent Industries including no longer attending events unless she chose to.

"I'll be fine, Landon and I will play with some toys, you put food in the fridge with him, bed by seven-thirty. I got it, Kar, Grace and I have watched him for you guys before," the older blonde answered as she handed Landon a block. They were sitting on a mat on the floor stacking and singing little songs.

"He's teething, if you have any issues just call me, okay? There's extra pacifiers in the drawer of his changing table if he will even take one. William and I will be home by midnight, your wife will return to you whenever she decides to," the model said, walking over to the little boy about a year-and-a-half and kissing the top of his head.

"Where is she anyways?" Taylor asked, "I haven't seen her in like twenty minutes."

Just then, the brunette walked in wearing a long black dress, a matching clutch in her right hand and her hair straightened and falling down her sides. She was wearing flats, thankful that her dress covered her feet.

"We're about to go, you ready?" Grace asked Karlie as she stood in the doorway.

Karlie nodded and walked over to the door, taking one last glance at Landon before thanking Taylor again and heading out the car.

"What time are you thinking you'll be back?" Taylor questioned while Grace approached her to say goodbye.

"I'll probably be back here around ten or so, I'm just going for the red carpet, dinner and speeches. I have no plans on staying longer than necessary. Don't wait up if you're tired, Parker's a very good date to these things so I'll be fine."

"Alright," the blonde nodded, "Text me when you're on your way back please."

The plan was for Grace to go, come back before the couple of the house and then once William and Karlie returned they would retire to their own house a few blocks over.

"Of course," Grace said as she bent down to kiss Taylor, "Love you more than anything. Have fun."

Taylor looked at the brown haired baby and said, "Tell Auntie Grace not to worry, we'll have so much fun you might just want to come live with us for a while."

"Tay," Grace said, "We might have one of those on the way, let's stick with just one for now."

"Fair enough," Taylor smiled, "I love you too."

Grace stepped out of the car and followed the signs to the red carpet, Parker and Margaret, her publicist lingering behind her.

"Grace," Margaret said as she waited for her turn to be photographed, "This is a big deal for the company and for you, if they ask you about Taylor, answer as indirectly as possible but don't be rude."

"I got it, smile and be polite but not too gay," Grace replied with a dry chuckle, "We've talked about this. I know. It's not my first time, I was raised for events like this."