Chapter Four

I didn't stop running until I saw the thorn bushes, only then did I slow to a jog. Breathing heavily I, again, pushed the thorn bushes aside, walked through, closed them again.

My fear and adrenaline were still pumping strongly through my vanes as I saw Poppy with Midnight sitting at her heels, next to the willow.

"Storm! Your OK!" Poppy cried.

"Yeah.... that fake storm...... really, helped." Poppy opened the leaves for me as I walked though.

The girls were sitting at the bench, nervously eating a blueberry at a time.

"Stop eating those, they're for your breakfast!" I told them.

They looked at me, out of their daze, before Skylar said, "Your OK! Poppy told us what happened."

"Yeah, it was quite an adventure, but hey, I got us a proper breakfast!"

The girls looked down at what was in my arms before shouting French toast!"

Pulling the bench out to the fire pit I set up my makeshift kitchen.

Pulling Flame and Topaz aside I asked, "Wanna used your powers some?"

I watched as their eyes started to bubble up with excitement.

"I'll take that as a yes." I laughed. "OK, first I'll need a fire to cook over. Flame, to start a fire you need to imagine a small fire appearing on the wood, and when you have that image bright in your head, snap."

She nodded her head before standing above the fire pit. I watched as she closed her eyes before whipping them open and snapping. I watched as a small fire appeared and started to burn the wood, growing bigger and bigger.

"Good job! It even took me a couple tries to get that." Turning to Topaz I said, "To kept some of these ingredients cold I'm gonna need ice."

Realizing what I was implying she started hoping up and down. "I can make ice? I can make ice!"

Placing my hands on her shoulders and laughing I said, "Yep! Not calm down so I can teach you." She stopped bouncing but her eyes kept shinning. "You were able to make a water ball yesterday, right?" She nodded her head. "OK, make another and bring it close to us." She followed what I did and had the water ball next to the bench. "OK, no focus on it getting colder and freezing into a hollow square."

She closed only one of her eyes in a tight squint as she focused. Slowly the water froze, just as I told her. I watched her face as she unsquinted her eyes and her face broke into a giant grin. Finishing, she turned on her toes in a tight circle before landed on her feet again.

"Ahhh I love this!" She cried.

"I knew you would." I told her.

Her and Flame sped off at my nod towards their friends to explain what they just did.

I realized I still needed something to put the bread on above the fire when Midnight came to my rescue. She pulled an old shoe rack towards me.

"Where'd you find this girl?" I asked as I walked over to the river to clean it off.

She sent me an image of the village, then next to a house where the shoe rack was sitting.

"You risking girl!" I jokingly told her.

She rubbed against my calf's in a "I know" manner as I bent over the river.

Walking back to the fire and placing the rack just above the flame I started making french toast. It wouldn't be the best without milk but the half a gallon that was left in our fridge was definitely spoiled.

****

By the time I finished making breakfast the girls were "starving." We all sat at the bench and enjoyed our breakfast. I even gave Midnight a blueberry and half a strawberry.

When we finished I had finally decided what to do to start getting our coven members back.

"So did any of you go to the village?" I asked.

Everyone looked at me, shocked that I blurted out such a question. I turned to Poppy and whispered into her ear what I was planning.

The girls looked from each other, no one answering.

"Fine. I know you four probably didn't go to the village and talk about the coven but I need to find a way to get them back, as well as find out who the untrustworthy witch is."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement, even Midnight.

"OK, sense I'm getting nowhere here, I think I'm going into the village to find our coven."

~Thanks for reading! Enjoy the story :)~