Chapter Twelve

The next day before we started training Poppy took me on a walk. We talked about training mostly before Poppy suddenly asked me, "What to you think it's like being human and having a human life?"

I looked at her in shock before answering, "Probably boring."

"There's probably some sort of freedom to it."

"Maybe."

We walking in silence for a moment before Poppy said, "Sorry if that made it awkward, I was raised in a magic household so being human was never a thing for me."

"I get it."

Walking for a little while more before turning back Poppy didn't say anything like that again. I didn't really think much about it, thinking maybe she really was just curious on humans lives. I was raised both as a human and as a magical creature- so I fully didn't know either.

We got back to the clearing and found the girls playing with Midnight while Ren, Julie, Jamie, and Oceania relaxed in the shade of the trees.

"Time for training." I called out.

Midnight walked away and sat with Ren and them in the shade, watching us.

The girls lined up and waited for us to tell them what to do.

"You all have the basics down when it comes to all four elements so today we just want you to practice- together or alone, on your weak spots." I told them.

They all ran off after that. Poppy and I watched as they ran off together, Flame making a place to put fire. Working together Flame make a flame, slowly expanded it, as Topaz made a larger water ball that she splashed the flame with putting it out. In response Daisy made a plant wall that contained the water while Skylar used wind to keep the plants from growing to talk and wide.

"Wow, they work really well together." Poppy thought aloud.

"Yeah. They work together like a single coven."

We watched as they then moved on to making water balls before combing them and keeping a single, giant, water ball held together. Then they did the same with fire balls. After that they started making themselves a tree house without the tree. I was shocked. I had never been able to do anything like that until recently.

"They have a lot of power at such a young age." I commented.

"Even I couldn't use magic like that until a long time after I practiced." Poppy admitted.

Continuing to watch them we saw Skylar making leaves fall off trees using a strong breeze. The other started collecting them and used it as padding in the house. Once they were satisfied they climbed into it using a built in ladder.

I walked over to it, Poppy at my heels and Midnight heading for it as well. Midnight launched herself into the air, landing neatly on a little landing that was at the top of the ladder, and watched me and Poppy climb it. We weren't as far off the ground as a tree but we were at least 7 feet off the ground.

Walking in we saw that there was even plant furniture that they were all sitting in.

"Girls, you power- especially at this age, is so powerful." I started. "Have you been practicing in secret?"

"Nope. We only practice for a little after training before just messing around. We mostly worked together to pull this off." Topaz said.

"This is, amazing." Poppy said, looking around at how it was built.

The girls shared a glance and a smile before Topaz said. "Glad you like it." She had a bright and contagious smile. I couldn't help but smile myself.

Midnight sniffed around the house before finding a cool and sunny spot to sleep in.

Looking down at Midnight I said, "Well we'll leave you to it." And with that Poppy and I turned around and left.

As we walked over to Ren and them I couldn't help thinking back to how they worked together like a whole coven did.

~Thanks for reading!
I meant for this to come out sooner but the redesigning of the covers took up most of my time.
Enjoy the story :)~