Chapter Seven

I went upstairs to Midnight and started sending her pictures, most being what happened and some being different witches we knew. Together we were able to narrowed it down to five people, Aqua, Aqua's sister Ruby, Julie, Ren, and sadly Poppy. I couldn't leave anyone out.

Thinking about our list I knew I needed more clues but I needed to get back to the clearing. Walking downstairs with Midnight I said a quick goodbye as well as a final thank you to Lily's parents and headed out.

****

I got back to the clearing without any trouble and found them having a training session. They were all practicing a large water ball, Topaz was excelling at it, Flame was pretty good, while Daisy and Skylar were struggling a little.

"Don't focus so hard, you need to be calm like the water" I called out to them.

They followed what I did and all of them had water balls like Topaz.

Finishing up they all walked over to me before Topaz asked, "Did you figure anything out yet?"

"I know where our coven is and have a detail on who told the village but nothing else- well I did find a place to stay when in the village." I could tell they were excited at this. "Hey, I only got one detail, don't get too overly excited."

Seeming to realize I was right Daisy asked, "What's for dinner? We had lunch while you were gone."

"I'll go out and get us something." Poppy said.

"OK, be careful, you remember last time I went out."

"I know, I know, I won't be going very far either."

And with that she turned towards the bushes and walked out while they fell back into place behind her.

I turned back to the girls and asked what they wanted to do. They replied with making friendship bracelets. I had only made them once but I'd give them a go again.

"Wait, we don't even have the materials to make them." I realized.

"Well, actually, we do." Flame said before leading me to her bunk and pulling out a case of bracelet making materials.

"When did you get these?"

We had stuff like this at the house but they didn't go out, did they?

"I went out and got them." Flame admitted. "But I was really careful and I wasn't seen."

I mean I couldn't be mad at her, she was OK after all. With a sigh I said, "Just don't do that again, alright?"

"I won't, promise!"

And then we started making friendship bracelets. I made a simple arrow pattern with light blue and green while the girls all made a braided pattern using the colors of their elements. Their bond really was strong.

By the time Poppy came back we had finished our bracelets and I had even made a second identical bracelet to mine for Poppy.

She brought back with her the ingredients to make a salad and some seasoning. As she made the salad I used the seasonings she brought back to make our bread garlic bread. It wasn't the best meal but it was enough.

****

We didn't do much after that except train a little more. Training kept my mind from wandering too deep into the rabbit hole of events that was happening. Until finally, I caved and started looking into the details.

I then started to narrow down the list of the possible traitor. Ren and Julie were with me practicing a teleportation spell, Poppy was out training that day, and Aqua and Ruby were talking together. So that meant it had to be between Poppy, Aqua, or Ruby.

Aqua wouldn't give away her own coven, right?

~Thanks for reading! Enjoy the story :)~